Use your analytics mastery and skills to blaze new trails by helping to make healthcare more focused on quality and outcomes. You will be a leader at the intersection of multiple fascinating disciplines, learning and innovating every day.
In your role as a Senior Data Scientist, Value Based Care, you will take the lead in developing cost and utilization performance reporting, early warning insights, and deep-dive analytics, to improve clinical and cost and utilization outcomes for our members with chronic and behavioral health conditions. You’ll leverage your skills to develop performance metrics, targets, and thresholds and share key insights both internally and externally. You’ll help us understand which members are at highest risk of poor clinical and cost outcomes while there is still time to change these outcomes. In this way you’ll enable Teladoc to optimize our internal resource allocation and focus on the highest impact changes that support our members and our business.
For ultimate success in this role you’ll demonstrate comfort in both the healthcare and data science realms as you collaborate with our internal teams and external clients. We’re looking for a content expert in cost and utilization analytics, as well as a bridge-builder who can speak across Health Services, Actuarial, Product, Data Science, Data Engineering and Ops disciplines. We’re looking for someone who can listen to different perspectives and frameworks and turn varying inputs into an actionable analytics. Your core competencies include creative problem solving, project management, curiosity and the drive to learn new methods, as well as the ability to execute.
Ready to apply traditional cost and utilization analytics to improve health outcomes for our members, and reduce medical expenses for our clients, partners and the healthcare R&D community? We want to hear from you today!
- Work collaboratively with members of the Product, Clinical, Data Science and Engineering teams to optimize data ingestion pipelines and build data products that help people live better lives
- Analyze both commercial and Medicare healthcare claims, pharmacy claims, proprietary Teladoc data, and other types of data to understand which Teladoc programs work for which clients – and why
- Identify Teladoc members who are at risk for poor health outcomes or increased medical spending to drive improvement actions
- Create cost and utilization reporting and analytics for clients and for Teladoc
- Develop metrics and set targets and thresholds using benchmark data
- Develop early warning insights and analytics from end-to-end, including advising on required data sources, developing metrics, benchmarks, and reporting
- Engage with stakeholders to identify key analytic questions or develop hypothesis related to outcomes drivers
- Design, perform, and communicate results of analysis projects
- Help Teladoc shape and target our product development through a better statistical understanding of our members, including segmentation
- Provide consultative support for internal team leaders, helping to steer the company toward risk management and continuously improved outcomes
- Help to optimize the data infrastructure technology for Teladoc analytic
Our successful candidate will have:
- Tenacious curiosity to understand and share the story behind data to improve people’s lives
- 7+ years’ experience as a healthcare analyst or data scientist, with strong quantitative and report development capabilities
- Data domain expertise in cost and utilization analytics metrics, methods, and frameworks via medical and pharmacy claims data, as well as other data sources
- In-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry, including managed care organizations, pharmaceutical benefit management organizations, government systems, hospital systems and integrated care systems
- Strong data analysis skills, including using R, SQL, and other statistical software packages and visualization tools
- A consultant’s skill for designing insights
- Excellent process, project management and problem-solving skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects, exercising smart triage and good business judgment
- Strong respect for confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The people skills to maintain productive goal-achieving relationships with colleagues and external collaborators (even if numbers are your first love)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Health Services Research, Epidemiology, Business Analytics, Data Science, or similar
- Analytics experience with Medicare data, including HEDIS, Star Ratings, or Risk Adjustment
- Actuarial experience or education
- Technical interest and experience with data visualization
- Advanced degree or credential in Actuarial Sciences, Health Services Research, Epidmiology, Business Analytics, or Data Science
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.