As a Senior Software Engineer on the Client Integrations and Eligibility team, you are responsible for architecting, designing, and developing custom solutions to provide scalable, reliable, and secure solutions adhering to the software development lifecycle. Perform peer code reviews, coordinate production releases with the other engineering teams and stakeholders within the organization. Provide timely updates to the direct manager regarding the team's progress. You are also expected to be a standard-bearer on our team’s development, maintenance, design patterns, and culture. This may include forming development standards, creating internal presentations on best practices, tutorials and pair programming with developers getting comfortable with the language.
- Drive large-scale and highly complex technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Build APIs and web applications using Ruby on Rails that handle complex data models efficiently, while having a great architectural design to manage complexity.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product lifecycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable services and infrastructure.
- Establish technical decisions and direction for one or many projects/teams.
- Actively work with stakeholders and internal teams to set priorities.
- Participate and contribute to the company's and individual team's key results.
- Coach, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers depending on the team.
- Ability to take initiative and be responsible for the technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) required; Master's degree in information technology or computer sciences preferred, or equivalent provable experience.
- Minimum of 7+ years of related work experience.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Git, SQL, and APIs.
- Knowledge of modern technologies like Docker, Elixir, GitHub, Continuous Integration, etc. preferred.
- Active social media or conference presence for the Open Source community is a big plus!
- Able to reduce complex requirements and user interaction flows into long-term API designs.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development / Behavior-driven development and writing unit, integration tests, cucumber, and the likes of it.
- Competent and willing to write software using Ruby. Elixir, Java, and Python are a plus.
- Must have experience in Ruby on Rails. Competent writing software with MVC frameworks is highly encouraged.
- Comfortable working in a cloud environment like AWS.
- Must have experience basic Linux/Unix CLI and using Git and GitHub for source code control.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems like Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Apply best practices including design patterns and linting to all software development.
- Capable of debugging problems related to HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
- Able to investigate performance and memory issues.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.