The Director, Solutions Marketing is responsible for partnering across product management, marketing and sales/client management to bring products to market and support growth programs throughout their lifecycle. The Director of Solutions Marketing exhibits a deep understanding of markets and buyer needs, as well as empathy for product users and the experience/outcomes they require. This person will oversee and provide input into the process for creating product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonates with the targeted buyers and users, ensuring source messaging documents are available for use by other marketing functions such as business-to-business and member engagement teams. This role is a highly-collaborative leadership role: a successful candidate is very comfortable facilitating cross-functional global teams and leading through influence.
- Working closely with product management, maintain ever-evolving product taxonomy that defines solution portfolios, individual products, and their availability across market segments and geographic regions
- Understands product portfolio strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats; translates insights into recommendations for positioning and prioritization
- As part of the core product readiness team, develops and documents key messages and FAQs to align with stakeholders on features, benefits, value, and implementation/operational factors that are critical to differentiation and required for client acquisition
- Directs product naming by providing market, competitive and customer context
- Leads development of product marketing and sales enablement materials including sales training, product demos, sell sheets, white papers, presentations, standard RFP responses, and web content
- Analyzes information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behavior (conversion rates and velocity) to detect breakdowns in the marketing and sales process
- Develops competitive positioning for the product portfolio by using competitive analysis and input from sales, marketing and product managers
- Oversees product launch planning, collaborate with product management and marketing leaders to define, implement, and then conduct routine assessments of the organization’s product marketing processes and areas for improvement
- Monitors and reports on the performance of products in the market and communicate the results of related sales and marketing efforts
- Provides leadership, direction and mentoring to guide the product marketing staff in its day-to-day activities
- Manages the hiring, development and retention of product marketing talent
- Bachelor’s degree required; masters preferred
- 7-10 years of progressive experience marketing technology / technology-enabled services; global, B2B, and healthcare experience
- Demonstrated expertise managing and marketing products throughout their lifecycle, from concept through launch to retirement: applies disciplined approach (Sirius Decisions or similar)
- Strong business acumen and market/competitive intelligence expertise:
- Strong B2B messaging and content development expertise
- Successfully leads through influence: with a collaborative style, builds consensus across global cross-functional teams; excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Leadership track record in fast-paced, high-growth organizations: effectively prioritizes, navigates ambiguity, manages/motivates self and others
- Strong decisionmaker
- Empathetic to buyers, users and sellers of the company’s products
- Detail oriented, well organized, efficient with time management
- Executive presence and demeanor
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Ability to navigate culture and politics across multiple functions
- Critical thinker with strong writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.