Experienced team manager who takes ownership and is ready to develop break-through solutions and advancements. In this role you’ll design and build apps that help Teladoc members more easily and effectively manage their chronic conditions. You’ll also play an important part in creating software features for our new data cloud services.
At Teladoc you’ll collaborate with outstanding teammates in cross-functional areas to create the most innovative and relevant digital healthcare platform on the market. You’ll contribute to building and scaling Teladoc's diverse backend ecosystem, which supports a community of thousands of health employers and partners, powers our data science and machine learning products, and integrates hundreds of thousands of connected IoT devices and mobile apps.
This is truly a leadership position, so we need someone with both technical skill and an effective management style. For success in this role you’ll have at least three years of management experience and the ability to guide, innovate and thrive in a fast-paced and passionate environment. Come be empowered, ask big questions, think outside the box and truly make a difference.
- Providing leadership and growth for a team of software engineers, guiding them toward successful and timely completion of various technical product development projects
- Leading the development and scalability of our Backend and Data Platforms, which enables Teladoc to launch new customers, enroll and support our users, and connect to doctors and partners
- Collaborating with other talented engineers to design and create software features for Teladoc’s new data cloud services
- Managing project deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and allocating resources
- Creating and managing team KPI’s, dashboards, and metrics for success
- Cultivating a productive, strong, and happy culture within the department
- Providing updates, recommendations, and advocacy to leadership on behalf of the department
- Identifying opportunities for new projects and processes, then planning, collaborating, and successfully implementing
- Designing and implementing APIs
- Building software integrations for internal and external users
- Reviewing and upgrading data structures, object-oriented design systems and concurrency algorithms
- Utilizing a wide range of best in class software tools and processes, address technical problems in Teladoc’s functional areas such as member enrollment, member preferences, identity management, etc.
- Collaborating with Product, Design, Data, Operations, and customer-facing teams to optimize technology and efficiency in product development, operations and infrastructure
- Developing new initiatives and continuously streamline the engineering and software development processes Harnessing software frameworks such as Scala, gRPC, Kafka, MySQL, Redis, SparkSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, OAuth, SMART on FHIR
- 3+ years’ management experience
- 7+ years’ experience in backend and data engineering software development
- A people- and mission-oriented management style, in an Agile team environment
- Strong and varied experience working with platforms, languages and frameworks
- Deep experience with feature development and scalable backends
- A solid understanding of data structures, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), functional programming patterns, and algorithms
- Coaching experience, with the ability to recognize and utilize unique strengths in teammates
- A passion for building rapport, solving problems, and leading decisions in a cross-functional environment
- A drive to meet deadlines and achieve or exceed goals
- Adaptability, creativity, and sharp focus on achieving goals in an ever-changing environment
- Proficiency in Java or Scala
- Solid understanding of SOA API development (REST, gRPC, GraphQL)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Passion, collaboration, and productivity in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong communication skills, for delivering recommendations and updates to upper management, with the ability to communicate succinctly, effectively explaining technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Adaptability in changing work environments, managing new priorities, new instructions, delays, or unexpected events
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience and/or trade school is acceptable
- A college degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.