The Vice President, Tax is responsible for overseeing the company’s global tax function. This individual will help develop and implement a global tax strategy while managing a strong tax team in a rapidly growing company. The position will report to the Chief Accounting Officer.
- Develop and execute the overall tax strategy, structure, and planning for the organization
- Lead the business through review tax implications of new operating models or transactions, including tax structuring, contract evaluation and negotiation, tax due diligence, tax risk evaluation, strategic panning and implementation
- Partner with various business leaders in finance, legal, operations on strategic and compliance related initiatives
- Oversee the worldwide quarterly and annual tax provision along with SEC disclosures under US GAAP and ASC 740
- Oversee the worldwide direct and indirect tax compliance, including related audits
- Lead and ensure proper integration of acquisitions from a tax perspective
- Monitor worldwide tax legislation and accounting guidance to ensure proper tax reporting
- Manage outsourced workstreams and third party relationships
- Maintain/improve effective controls over all tax processes
- Document tax positions in technical memoranda
- Identify opportunities and help implement automation efficiencies, including provision software tools
- Manage, mentor, and develop team of tax professionals
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to present technical tax matters in a meaningful and useful way to C-Suite and other business unit leaders
- Strong technical tax knowledge in all areas of tax including Federal, International, SALT, M&A, and Tax Accounting
- Experience leading change management initiatives
- Detail-oriented, organized, analytical, with a problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Proficient in MS office; advanced Excel
- Strong professional ethics and integrity
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA, JD and LLM, MST, or MSA preferred
- 15+ years’ experience with US GAAP, ASC 740, and SEC regulations
- 5+ years’ experience leading a tax function of an SEC Registrant
- 5+ year’s people management experience
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.