The Payroll HRIS Analyst is responsible for high level technical and Functional payroll functions – and will partner with Payroll director and their Business Partners to analyze work process design and flow, improve processes and leverage the return on technological capabilities with the following system: UltiPro (Payroll and UTM and function in capacity as liaison with UltiPro HRMS) and Workday (Payroll, Time Tracking, and function in capacity of Liaison with Absence, Benefits Compensation Modules).
The Payroll HRIS Analyst builds project plans, ensures adherence to project schedules, maintains a systems orientation and can work effectively with peers to set technology priorities and conduct long-term planning. This position also serves as a technical point-of-contact for the assigned functional area and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The Payroll HRIS Analyst also is the payroll liaison with HR HRIS and IT and supports the upgrades, patches, Payroll integrations, testing and other technical projects as assigned with the other business partners and coordinates this for the payroll team.
- Payroll lead in system maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing and implementation of system upgrades or patches. Collaborates with functional, HRIS and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrades or fix for Payroll, Time Tracking, and the following modules only in areas that impact payroll - Absence, Benefits and Compensation. Maintains Payroll and Time Tracking, Payroll impacting integrations and system configuration tables. Documents process and results.
- Gather and review all system patches and updates and identify payroll and Time Keeping/Tracking (Include Absence, Benefits, Compensation, Integrations as it relates to payroll) related impacts and communicate the impacts to the payroll team.
- Develops documentation for test scenarios and test scripts.
- Maintains Payroll and Time Tracking configuration add/changes and performs all testing and maintains documentation for changes and approvals.
- Review federal and state regulatory requirement changes. and company policy changes as needed, at a minimum Quarterly and annually with Payroll Analyst as they are identified to ensure that system is updated timely and accurately.
- Manages projects and process improvement, including applying change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality.
- Recommends process improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy, which must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Track and monitor process improvements that were implemental within the department to ensure improvement was successful or determine if additional adjustments are needed.
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences. Uses these data to build project plans and ensure adherence to schedule and other specifications.
- Provides production support, including researching and resolving Payroll and Time Tracking and when applicable Absence, Benefits, Payroll Integrations problems unexpected results, or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Generates reports/queries, including writing, maintaining, and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing payroll department needs. Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in Payroll and Time Tracking with a focus on product and service development, delivery, and support, and applying key technologies.
- Serves as the escalation point of contact for payroll department when issues are identified.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills when working with various business partners and peers to accomplish project goals Responsible for exercising a high level of decision-making authority, diverse in nature, within defined company policy and legal requirements.
- Escalate matters involving unusual or suspicious circumstances.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and protect the confidentiality of accessible information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 8 plus years’ experience working with HR, Time and Attendance and Payroll
- 8 plus years’ experience ad-hoc, and Report Writer experience required.
- 3 plus years’ experience using Workday payroll software preferred.
- 3 plus year UltiPro or another Time & Attendance experience preferred.
- Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions to issues that arise.
- Knowledge of requirement gathering techniques, project management, and HRIS systems development methodologies.
- Robust analytic, problem solving, consultancy and communication skills.
- Understands and uses qualitative/quantitative measurement and data collection design principles.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Critical thinker with exceptional ability to model business processes and identify and resolve gaps.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Enthusiasm for learning new technology and a love of process improvement and data; interest in driving administrative efficiency.
- Experience interpreting data and presenting information and findings.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment; flexibility to respond to rapidly changing business needs.
- Strong problem-solving abilities for non-recurring and/or complex
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Provide consultation to senior management on highly complex financial issues; recommending best practices and new business approaches to improve efficiencies in policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.