At Teladoc Health, data is at the heart of our culture of innovation. In your role as a Data Scientist for Business Analytics, you’ll work closely with teams such as finance, marketing, operations, and sales to create scalable analytics that focus on crucial cost, revenue, and growth factors that directly drive our business forward on multiple products and services.
This role will leverage your technical skills and business acumen as you deliver insights that inform Teladoc’s most important business decisions. You will collaborate closely with leaders to support strategic cross-functional initiatives that help us keep costs in check, maximize revenue and impact a greater number of people living with chronic and behavioral conditions.
This role offers a chance to have a meaningful impact on our business outcomes. Come help us break new ground, while measurably improving lives and saving millions in healthcare costs.
- Support detailed analyses, modeling and forecasting for key operational areas ranging from marketing to finance to operations and impact our rapidly growing business.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders, scope and solve problems they face, and help decision-makers on the team form educated, practical strategies and recommendations.
- Proactively discover important trends in key metrics impacting our business, distill key insights, present to key executives, and drive meaningful actions.
- Leverage a broad set of technical skills and strong business understanding to creatively solve complex problems with strategic impact.
- Provide insights about our products and member experience to inform Product teams for roadmap and feature decisions.
- 6+ years’ experience in Data Science, Business Analytics or a related field in SaaS or consumer companies
- Strong SQL skills, ability to code in and analyze data with Python (or R), practical experience with BI tools like Tableau
- Firm understanding of statistical and machine learning concepts with strong experience in applying these concepts to solve business problems
- Strong critical thinking and active listening skills to infer business needs, grasp underlying context, and translate loose direction on analytical projects
- Compelling storytelling through analytics and visualization, getting your point across and keeping your audience engaged
- A solid grasp of key SaaS business metrics and drivers
- The flexibility to respond to changing priorities and business environments
- A Master’s degree or higher in computer science, statistics, information systems, engineering or a related field
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.