Under general supervision and in accordance with department procedures, the Billing Specialist – RCM supports the claims revenue cycle process. This position supports the setup, maintenance and remediation of billing workflows while also ensuring outstanding claims and denials are handled in an appropriate and timely manner. Note that job duties listed below are subject to develop further as needed over time.
- Set up, maintain, document and process business rules to enable effective claims billing through the RCM system (NextGen) for new and existing client accounts
- Research outstanding claims and denials to recommend appropriate remediation actions to resolve root causes and to reduce/eliminate future denials; implement as appropriate
- Interact directly with internal partners, payers, members and clients in a courteous, effective and professional manner
- Coordinate, prepare for and attend meetings between payers/clients and internal company leadership to discuss set up and ongoing maintenance / remediation actions as needed
- Track open issues and report updates regularly to department leaders, consulting on next steps as needed
- Answer questions and requests for information in a timely and accurate manner
- Work on assigned claims and complete all necessary activity as defined in departmental policies and procedures, including:
- Maintain the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job, complying with all applicable regulations (Ex: HIPAA)
- Take initiative for learning new skills and willingness to participate and share expertise on projects, committees and other activities, as deemed appropriate
- Collaborate with and assist internal team members and departments as needed
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office suite, RCM / billing systems, etc.)
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and learn quickly
- Task Oriented and Organized
- Ability to create and communicate procedures and adapt to changes in working environment
- Excellent time management - able to multi task while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with insurance claim follow-up in a physician practice environment preferred
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills required
- Ability to communicate and create effective working relationships with payers to resolve claims and ensure payment is required
- Ability to read and analyze ANSI X12 EDI transaction codes preferred
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience preferred
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in office administration within a healthcare environment required
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.