The role is responsible for overseeing the Global Collection functions. The successful candidate will have a blend of highly analytical skills, proficiency in systems with a view to full automation and soft skills to work with business partners. Cross functionally, the position works with the Sales, Client Management, Finance, Contracts, and Legal to coordinate and ensure timely collections. This role is highly visible across the company and will require a driven leader to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Manage and lead a staff of direct and indirect reports (10 to 15) to provide direction of day-to-day activities towards accomplishing the departments strategic plan including, but not limited to, employee coaching, development, and performance evaluation.
- Responsible for building a global collections function which will involve integrating multiple teams and creating new processes and implementing new systems
- Setting payment collection goals and targets for the department
- Ensure all client payments are received in a timely manner and posted correctly.
- Monitor customer collections and account balances to ensure compliance to established collection policies and practices and payment terms.
- Oversee all aspects of collection efforts and initiate programs and procedures to adjust to the changing economic environments and new product initiatives.
- Review metrics on a reoccurring basis to monitor and apply corrective measures in order to operate within targets set by leadership.
- Provide insights on reporting and analytics by partnering with leaders to be able to provide consistent and timely information proactively and as the need arises.
- Recommend expected write-off exposure for management to account for the Doubtful Account Reserve.
- Participate in projects such as technology upgrades, system migrations and business process improvement initiatives.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as necessary.
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work history)
- 12 to 15+ years of experience in collections
- Minimum 10 years of experience in managing/supervising employees, including leading efforts and setting direction for projects and staff. Experience managing staff in multiple locations and time zones a must
- Metrics focused individual is a must
- Experience putting in new collection system a plus
- Disciplined attention to detail and ability to adhere to tight deadlines required
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in MS Excel and Word, and Microsoft D365 or similar accounting software.
- Must be a leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and work with people at all levels of the organization effectively
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.