Under the general direction of the VP, Controller, the Accounting Manager is responsible for oversight of the Accounting team responsible for general ledger, financial reporting and SOX controls compliance.
- Lead all month-end close and general ledger reconciliation processes
- Consolidation of domestic and international subsidiaries, including foreign currency translation
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in accordance with GAAP
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Review financial statements and trend analysis to ensure proper reporting and understanding of the business
- Key Control Owner for Accounting department SOX controls, including leading ongoing testing and assessments of effectiveness. Coordinate closely with Internal audit.
- Establish and track key metrics related to the close in order to increase efficiency and drive process improvement
- Initiate and drive process improvements and systems enhancements for greater accuracy, financial control and efficiency
- Help coordinate and manage quarterly reviews and annual audit performed by external auditors
- Review and perform audit analysis, reconciliations, and audit support documentation
- Perform accounting and financial projects as assigned
- Ability to direct and supervise staff
- Ability to train and mentor staff to foster their professional development
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Comfortable working in environments with high degree of change
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- ERP user and administration skills (Microsoft GP preferred)
- Adequate working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience identifying and researching technical accounting issues.
- Strong knowledge of SOX control requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent
- 4-6 years relevant experience, including a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
- Minimum 2 years experience in financial reporting capacity
- Experience in SAAS or subscription revenue business, preferred
- Experience with medium to large ERP systems, including super user experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a SOX compliance environment
- Experience with foreign currency translation and consolidations
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.