Under the general direction of the Revenue Recognition Director, the Billing Manager is responsible for oversight of the customer billing function—including invoice preparation, research, analysis, recording, reconciliation, and reporting.
In addition, this role will serve as the subject matter expert regarding invoicing operations for all matters concerning the company’s quote-to-cash process—including systems integration, systems testing, and controls compliance.
- Supervise and manage all billing processes
- Ensure preparation of customer invoices in accordance with contractual terms
- Resolve complex billing issues
- Coordinate with other departments as needed to ensure accurate and complete flow of information for billing purposes
- Verify and assess all sales invoices before processing
- Detect errors in billing processes and make appropriate corrections
- Manage team activities to support monthly financial closing calendar
- Foster and support continuous improvement initiatives in the quote-to-cash cycle
- Ensure compliance of billings with sales tax collection guidelines
- Ensure proper accounting via preparation of monthly reconciliations
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all billing operations within systems infrastructure
- Ability to read and interpret sales contracts and related legal documents
- Ability to provide training and mentoring to billing team members
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements related to billing operations
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Proficient in Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years billing experience, including 2-3 years in a supervisory role
- Experience with complex billing arrangements
- Experience with CRM systems (i.e., Safesforce)
- SAAS, or other subscription, billing experience
- Experience with ERP systems
- Minimum 2 years billings experience in a SOX compliance environment
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.