Simply stated, Teladoc Health exists to empower people with chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives. This is your chance to help to build and scale Teladoc Health’s product platform during a time of tremendous growth and product expansion.
What makes a Senior Software Engineer at Teladoc Health different?
- As a Senior Software Engineer on the Enterprise Backend team, you will:
- Build the backend platform that powers Teladoc Health's business growth and partnership expansions.
- Take ownership of our microservices and data infrastructure that:
- Automatically provision new business customers across dozens of features
- Determine eligibility and set up new member accounts in a matter of seconds
- Manage our billing process to enable revenue and growth
- Connect biometric and clinical data across multiple health platforms
- Allow doctors and coaches to coordinate patient care via seamless access to Teladoc Health
- Partner with product managers, web and mobile engineers, data scientists, clinical experts, and operations teams to support the full product lifecycle.
- Apply and lead the best practices to create elegant, adaptable, scalable software.
- Harness frameworks such as Scala, Play, gRPC, Kafka, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, Prometheus, FHIR, OAuth, and SAML, with the opportunity to contribute code and design to Teladoc Health's common backend infrastructure.
- Design re-architecting the monolithic application into a microservice application.
- Architect our backend applications using Big Data frameworks like Spark and EMR, as well as AWS managed services like DynamoDB, Redshift, Kinesis, Data Lake, and Athena.
- Mentor, coach junior engineers.
- BS/MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience and/or trade school is acceptable
- 10+ years experience in software engineering in a functional or object-oriented language (Java, Scala or Python)
- Experience implementing REST/gRPC APIs and event-driven architecture
- Solid grasp of engineering principles, test-driven development, and CI/CD process
- Passion, collaboration, and productivity in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Strong written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate succinctly, effectively explaining technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Adaptability in changing work environments, managing new priorities, new instructions, delays, or unexpected events
The nature of work is interdisciplinary, and our teammates come from varying backgrounds, e.g. Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Production Engineer. We urge you to apply even if you feel uncertain that you have the exact background.
People and culture are Teladoc Health’s greatest assets! It reflects our values and the world we live in. One of diversity and inclusion where everyone’s voice is of equal importance.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 401K
- Generous PTO policy
- 10 paid holidays each year
- Lunch provided Monday through Thursday (in office)
- An endless variety of healthy snacks and beverages to fuel your creativity
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Team events and social gatherings
- Pet-friendly environment in Mountain View, CA and Denver
- Diabetes Care Prescription Reimbursement
- Discount/Subsidy program for gym membership
- Provide the full line of Livongo programs and services to all employees and their families
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.