We are looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager – Accessible Design excited about the complicated technical, organizational & strategic challenges that come with building innovative products that prioritize accessibility & improved access to care for all of Teladoc Health’s global membership.
As the global telemedicine leader, we facilitate millions of consultations with doctors every year, serving a wide range of members who rely on our software to make getting care quick, effective, and accessible. In this role, you will lead a collegial, cross-functional team whose mission is to ensure our continued ability to keep our applications operating at the highest levels of WCAG accessibility, while also maintaining a front-end member application design that is intuitive, beautiful & frictionless.
- Define a strategy, in tandem with our product & design teams, that ensures all new products and features place accessibility as a primary product design consideration
- Establish technical decisions and direction for 1-2 design & accessibility engineering teams
- Appropriately manage team demands and delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate
- Direct technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront a project or team
- Attend to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues
- Actively work to improve the company’s technical awareness around WCAG & design, improving the depth and use of technology across the business while establishing and maintaining positive and effective working relationships
- Be comfortable to work in various frontend stacks, including HTML, CSS, React, iOS, and Android
- Stay abreast of the latest developments by the W3C WAI, and ensure that Teladoc Health is a leader in proactively implementing new WCAG standards as they are published
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience in frontend software development on web and/or mobile
- Understanding of WCAG, and the nuances of maintain WCAG compliance across devices
- Experience automating accessibility testing, to ensure that our many distributed product feature teams can quickly identify and fix accessibility regressions before they reach production
- You can build strong working relationships both within the R&D organization and outside of it.
- You can identify and promote great ideas within your engineering team and develop team talent remotely
- You are able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- You not only understand good design, WCAG and accessibility, you are an internal champion and thought leader in bringing others to share your enthusiasm for making timely, high-quality medical care equally accessible to all our members
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.