As part of Teladoc Health’s in-house creative services team, the Senior Design Director position plays a key leadership role in building our consumer brand. This is an exciting role to develop breakthrough creative and ideas in support of our dynamic portfolio of consumer experience brands.
This is not one of those just sit at your desk and design kind of jobs—the right candidate will bring fresh ideas to the table, innovate to mix things up and go beyond the brief, and demonstrate a deep sense of curiosity and resourcefulness in pursuit of the inspiration you need to do the best work of your life.
We are seeking an experienced and seasoned Art Director, skilled in crafting compelling visual stories and journeys that win the hearts and minds of our members; both new and existing. The successful candidate will be an insights-driven visual storyteller, possessing tested creativity and passion for tackling multifaceted briefs. This candidate will also be a confident communicator who excels both strategically and tactically in reaching different audiences across a diverse set of formats and media platforms.
As a Senior Design Director, you will be joining our internal creative studio made up of talented, like-minded and collaborative creatives—all in on our mission to empower all people everywhere to live healthier lives by transforming the healthcare experience.
You’ll be a leading voice behind our consumer brand identity, delivering clear, human and creative solutions across an array of touchpoints — everything from integrated campaigns, to emails, to landing pages, to digital content, to infographics — transforming complex concepts, data and insights into precise, simple, relevant interactions.
With the ability to understand innovative and complex healthcare solutions, you will passionately drive our growth and retention strategies by collaborating, debating, and ideating with fellow creatives and marketing partners to drive results.
- Nail the brief (and have the courage to go beyond it) with precise and creative design
- Develop work for a range of both print and digital marketing campaigns; experience in setting creative and visual direction for a wide set of social media platforms a must
- Craft design solutions that motivate users to think and act differently
- Collaborate with content writers to create cohesive deliverables and to present and defend the work as appropriate
- Contribute to project planning and strategy discussions
- Review design work created by others and offer feedback, championing for our visual and brand guidelines
- See projects through from draft to finished product across varying timelines and deadlines
- Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice and design style guide
- Apply our brand principals and guidelines in fresh, relevant ways
- Manage the workload for assigned book of business to maximize the productivity and quality of work from the creative team
- 7+ years of experience working as an art director – agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising or communication design, visual communication, graphic design, or equivalent experience with a great portfolio
- Healthcare marketing design experience a plus
- Expertise in concepting and designing for all mediums including print, OOH, web, social channels, digital display, email and TV
- Must have working knowledge with Adobe Creative suite, best practices and trends
- Both an individual creative/design contributor as well as people leader to manage and mentor a design team
- Has clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Possess initiative and motivation to make big things happen
- Is self-propelled and love collaborating
- Well-organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.