Member of the Information Technology Platform Operations team, the Systems Engineer shares responsibility for the day-to-day support and development of the Teladoc Global Infrastructure environment.
- Perform daily operational systems administration tasks supporting multi-site-forest Active Directory environment and related components.
- Maintain / monitor Infrastructure hardware systems as required.
- Experience managing backup systems and disaster recovery procedures.
- Assist with patch management and security vulnerability remediation tasks.
- Install software releases, operating system upgrades and troubleshoot software related issues.
- Experience working with vendor related tech-support.
- Participates in security audit related evidence collection.
- Maintain and respond to critical systems monitoring alerts.
- Performs periodic health checks of premise equipment and environment.
- Contributes to, maintains, and adheres to system standards and industry best practices.
- Performs IT procedures and maintains documentation that covers functional areas including production control, job scheduling, and security administration.
- Handles and maintain the confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of sensitive information.
- Serve as point of escalation for Global Service Desk team members for application support and troubleshooting.
- Provide support to global remote offices and involvement in projects as needed.
- Assist in the implementation of technical initiatives in a team environment.
- Experience working in a 24X7 global environment. This position requires someone who can put the required time in “when required” including after-hours and or weekends.
- Must be self-starter, team oriented, and be able to handle critical production situations.
- Applicable technology based certifications are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred and/or a minimum 3+ years of experience in Information Systems supporting a multi-site enterprise.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience as a Windows or Linux Systems Administrator.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory platforms.
- Proven experience with backup systems; CommVault, EMC Networker, VEEAM.
- Experience with VMware 6.x -7.x infrastructure administration and operation a plus.
- Experience with creating and maintaining current documentation; Confluence, Visio, Lucid.
- Experience with security patching operating systems and software for Windows and Linux.
- Knowledge and proven experience maintaining a data center environments.
- PowerShell or other scripting platforms experience.
- Can work well independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and must be a team player.
- Candidate must speak English in addition to any other languages.
- Ability to multitask, be self-sufficient, and handle production situations.
- Possesses many areas of expertise and is willing to learn new technologies.
- Commitment to deadlines, criticality, and willingness to meet the needs of 24x7 environment.
- Experience in environments containing sensitive data PHI (Personal Health Information).
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Creative, and can think outside of the box, and ask for help when required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Demonstrated a willingness to learn and develop career initiatives.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.