The machine learning effort is part of the Data Science team at Teladoc Health. In your role as a Machine Learning Engineer, you will work closely with machine learning scientists, engineering and clinical operations to create scalable data processing and machine learning pipelines (both batch and real-time) that directly drive Teladoc Health’s business forward. Your efforts and contributions will have a big impact on improving member and provider experience on the Teladoc platform.
This is an opportunity to use technical rigor to apply scalable data processing tools and machine learning algorithms to real-world business problems; and engineer, deploy, measure and iterate ML in production.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain production-grade scalable data transformation, machine learning, time series models and deep learning code, pipelines, and dashboards; manage data and model versioning, training, tuning, serving, experiment and evaluation tracking dashboards.
- Manage ETL and machine learning model lifecycle: develop, deploy, monitor, maintain, and update data and models in production.
- Design and implement appropriate data pipelines, stores and schemas for both batch ETL and real time machine learning pipelines.
- Use Python, SQL, Spark, Tensorflow, and/or PyTorch to write clean, reusable and robust code for data-engineering and machine learning pipelines. This includes data transformation, feature engineering, unsupervised learning, supervised learning and time series modeling.
- Self-driven individual with extensive experience in building and scaling maintainable software, data processing, feature extraction and construction and machine learning pipelines including model training, serialization, evaluation and interpretation.
- 3+ years’ experience in Machine Learning Engineering roles in SaaS or consumer companies
- A Master’s degree or higher in computer science, operations research, machine learning, information systems, engineering, or a related field.
- Ability to write clean, robust and re-usable code in Python, Spark and SQL. Familiarity with big data platforms (like Spark and Dask), machine learning frameworks (like Tensorflow, Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
- Familiarities with the cloud ETL and ML pipeline tools like Jenkins, Databricks, MLflow or Airflow.
- Deep knowledge of probability, statistics, and ML algorithms. Familiarity with time series models and stochastic modeling would be a big plus.
- Experience with agile sprint processes to deliver ML work.
- Willingness to learn new ML platforms and tools, as well as propose and help teams adopt new tools.
- Great active listening skills to infer product needs and underlying context.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers, and respect for member privacy.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.