We are looking for an experienced designer to establish and lead Design Operations as part of the Product Design & User Research organization. You will be a part of a team designing and delivering transformative healthcare experiences across a wide array of platforms including web, mobile/tablet, and devices.
The Director, Design Operations is responsible for building and scaling operations across three key areas: people, business operations, and design services. You will support strategic team functions and nurture a design culture that is collaborative, driven, and fun.
- Enable important team functions from hiring to retention, including writing career ladders and establishing onboarding practices.
- Partner with other design leaders to forecast talent needs and staffing to ensure the team can meet demands as they arise.
- Manage team career development and learning opportunities through training, conferences, and classes.
- Foster a collaborative, transparent, and inclusive design culture by creating recognition mechanisms and facilitating team meetings, events, and design rituals.
- Define, manage, and evangelize tools and processes to optimize collaboration.
- Partner with design leads to execute on design-driven projects.
- Manage internal and external communications to amplify design’s POV and voice.
- Setup and maintain relationships with design agencies and vendors.
- Be the point person for procurement and legal approval of design tools.
- Manage the design team budget, working with design leadership and finance for strong budget health.
- Field, prioritize, and staff design requests outside of Product.
- Manage design services for employee tools and corporate apps.
- Over 10 years of experience in UX design and project or program management
- Highly organized with a strong bias for action
- Proficient with tools such such as Figma, InVision, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong familiarity with user centered design methodology and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence executives and inspire team members
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.