The Physician Support Specialist (PSS) role is to work in conjunction with clinicians who manage expert medical services (EMS) for Teladoc Health members. Responsible to assure timely progress of EMS cases from initial enrollment through completion.
- Collaborate with clinicians to prioritize case management and demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency throughout the case life
- Manage, organize and update relevant data using case management software
- Ensure clear, accurate, concise and thorough case documentation in the case management system
- Provide regular case updates, escalate case information as needed
- Prepare physician referrals
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external customers including but not limited to clinicians and members
- Constant monitoring of incoming email and faxes
- Communicate with case team to assure timely follow up, records collection and delivery
- Ensure the highest quality and timeliness for all outgoing reports and communications
- Support physician case assignment
- Schedule member appointments with clinical staff as needed
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Participate in meetings and special projects as needed
- 3+ years experience working in a customer focused environment preferable in healthcare or hospital setting
- Medical vocabulary a PLUS
- LPN, Medical Assistant, or other healthcare background helpful
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare or Business Administration preferred
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with Microsoft software
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high performing team
- Comfortable recommending changes to improve member experience and team performance
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced work environment in a growing company
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.