The Medical Records Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of medical records collection, organization, management, tracking and returns in a fast paced, professional environment. The Medical Records Coordinator contacts and builds relationships with external physicians’ offices, imaging and medical facilities for medical records, tracks and sorts incoming information, organizes the records within each case and ensures quality and timeliness of case completion. Records pertinent to case management come in many forms including physician dictated notes, imaging studies (x-ray, EKG, MRI/CT, etc.) and pathology slides all which need to be sorted, verified, uploaded, reviewed and in some cases, returned upon case completion.
- Coordinate and oversee the collection and administration of medical records and related information from doctors’ offices, hospitals and facilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with medical record facilities
- Think creatively to prevent and mitigate case delays, influence external entities to secure medical records
- Ensure timely and accurate follow-up of all assigned cases and facilities
- Document case information clearly and concisely
- Ensure all casework and processes (Medical Records, Imaging and Specimen Samples) follow PIPEDA and PHIPA compliant protocols throughout the entire process
- Ensure the highest quality and timeliness for all outgoing reports and communications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision
- Maintain filing and storage systems as required for electronic and CDs and physical records
- Provide member with assistance, support and follow up where necessary
- 3-5 years’ experience in a fast paced professional office environment; hospital, physician practice, or other medical environment preferred; medical records department experience an asset
- Proven track record of meeting deadline oriented tasks
- Knowledge of medical terminology considered an asset
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional problem solving skills with the ability to focus on issue resolution in order to drive efficiencies
- Excellent verbal, written and telephonic communication skills with the ability to explain concepts in a clear and articulate manner
- Ability to influence others to achieve positive results
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Superior problem solving skills with ability to make decisions confidently when information or guidelines are lacking
- Proficient in technology including medical imaging software
- Comfortable recommending process changes to better achieve better experience for members
- Post-Secondary degree strongly preferred
- Bilingual (English & French Canadian) required
- Very competitive salary starting at $40,000 CAD
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
At Teladoc Health we thrive on difference and individuality. Teladoc Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for any stage of the recruitment process / interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please reach out to us at email@example.com