This position is responsible for the management of day-to-day IT Security operations including monitoring, vulnerability management, threat and incident management.
- This position will be responsible for managing a small internal team of Security Analysts and as well as direct oversight of the company's Managed Security Service vendor
- Develop and oversee the Threat Management and Incident Management functions, including: analysis, triage and escalation of security events, coordination and tracking of response activities, and status reporting to the Director of Information Security and the IT Management Team
- Oversee all phases of Vulnerability Management including scanning, reporting, and remediation tracking. Work with IT stakeholders and managed service vendors on remediation planning.
- Develop and mature corporate security programs in the areas of Vulnerability Management, Incident Management, Threat Management, and Security Awareness
- Act as team leader and mentor, setting team objectives in coordination with the Information Security Director and developing and implementing training plans to develop internal capabilities
- Security Event Monitoring, SIEM lifecycle management. Lead the development, implementation, and tuning of monitoring use cases as needed upon emergence of new applications, threats, and policies.
- Responsible for operationalizing incident response. Lead technical efforts during a critical incident
- Establish key performance indicator (KPI) metrics; track and report on performance; provide reporting to senior management on operations performance.
- Ensure Security Operations tools are effectively utilized and operating, identify gaps in process or procedure and implement new solutions accordingly.
- Ability to stay abreast of industry trends and changing threat landscape
- Work with vendors to discover and secure partnering opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7+ years of experience in information security.
- Experience with consolidating security programs as part of merger and acquisition activities
- Experience leading incident response activities, including experience responding to critical incidents.
- Proven experience with information security tools (log management, endpoint management, email threat, proxy, firewalls, VPNs, Windows OS, Linux, MAC).
- Ability to respond to critical incidents on a 24 hour, seven day a week basis.
- Demonstrated project management skills, specifically managing multiple, concurrent projects.
- 5+ years of hands-on SOC experience
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.