The Client Advocate is a key player supporting the Mental Health Disability Management (MHDM) and Mental Health Navigator (MHN) teams and is responsible for the delivery of clinical support and case management for members with mental health illnesses and/or symptoms. The Client Advocate will ensure efficient management and progression of member cases across all functions of the programs and work directly with members to implement and measure progress against action plans.
- Serve as the navigator for members during their program participation, ensuring the highest possible member experience and proactive communication on case progression and next steps
- Conduct preliminary intake and psychological inventories/tests as directed by psychology and psychiatry experts on Best Doctors team
- Schedule treatment action plan discussions between members and Best Doctors’ clinicians as needed
- Support Best Doctors clinicians with a variety of other tasks as needed
- Meet defined service standards for speed of case progression, overall quality, and member satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with privacy legislation such as the Mental Health Act and Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)
- Provide training and education to members, third party partners and internal partners on a variety of subjects, from administrative tasks such as how to use video conferencing tools to more in depth topics, such as how the program works
- Assist in building the company’s network of quality mental health community resources and partners
- Liaise with third party partners to ensure a seamless case management process with measurable outcomes and metrics
- Collaborate with client and member to develop action plans to achieve successful stay at work or timely and safe return to work
- Regulated professional eg. Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker
- Experience working in the mental/behavioral health field required
- Knowledge and experience in both physical and mental health, psychosocial issues, prevention and functional aspects of disability and assessment methods and techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and demonstrate competence in performance of the care coordinator role, case management, clinical assessment and intervention and documentation of care
- Specialized training in psychiatric/mental health as well as experience with mood disorders and respective treatment plans
- Knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system
- Advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and critical thinking abilities
- Understanding of data analysis and ability to interpret results
- Highly Proficient in using technology including: computers, software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, SalesForce, Outlook & Excel
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment in a growing company with expanding service lines and client base
- Very competitive salary starting at $60,000 CAD
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
At Teladoc Health we thrive on difference and individuality. Teladoc Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for any stage of the recruitment process / interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please reach out to us at email@example.com