Teladoc Health is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Teladoc Health has planned for the future with regards to working remotely. This is a commitment from our President & CEO to our future plans for re-opening and our very special and unique culture.
Put your ingenuity to good use as we lead the digital health revolution together at one of Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare. If you’re passionate about technical innovation and making a direct impact on people’s health and well-being, come join us at our downtown Mountain View office, just a few minutes’ walk from Castro Street…. (when we return to the offices).
What makes a Software Engineer at Livongo-Teladoc Health different?
- As a part of the Member Experience Backend team, you will build the backend microservices to power our consumer facing applications across mobile, web, and smart health devices.
- Partner with product managers, user experience designers, mobile and web front end engineers, and data scientists to support the full product lifecycle.
- Build applications across our cloud APIs and services that connect biometric and clinical data across multiple health platforms, allow doctors and coaches to provide patient care via seamless access to Livongo, and deliver data-science powered care and advice to users.
- Support projects for the team including grooming and sizing requirements, designing solutions, defining project plans and go to market strategy.
- Harness state of the art technologies such as Scala, AWS, Play, gRPC, Protobuf, Kubernetes, Spark, Kafka, Microservices, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Flyway, FHIR, OAuth.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. In lieu of a degree, relevant work experience and/or trade school is acceptable.
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering in a functional object-oriented language (Scala preferred, Java or Python).
- Experience developing API services for consumer mobile and/or web applications or enterprise SaaS.
- Experience implementing REST APIs and highly-scalable systems. Experience with event-driven architecture in a Microservices environment is a plus.
- Experience designing and optimizing relational databases, such as MySQL. Experience with ETL or AWS Redshift a plus.
- Passion, collaboration, and productivity in a dynamic cross-functional team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The nature of work is interdisciplinary, and our teammates come from varying backgrounds e.g. (Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Production Engineer). We urge you to apply even if you feel uncertain that you have the exact background.
People and culture are Livongo-Teladoc Health’s greatest and most valued assets! We’ve built a culture we are proud of that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion where everyone’s voice is equally important.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 401K
- Generous PTO policy
- 10 paid holidays each year
- Lunch provided Monday through Thursday (in office)
- An endless variety of healthy snacks and beverages to fuel your creativity
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Team events and social gatherings
- Pet-friendly environment in Mountain View, CA and Denver, CO
- Diabetes Care Prescription Reimbursement
- Discount/Subsidy program for gym membership
- Provide the full line of Livongo-Teladoc Health programs and services to all employees and their families
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
$120k-$170k base salary is based on full time employment in Colorado only. Actual pay may vary based job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus or commission payment, in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.