This position is responsible for leading, managing and implementing projects and key initiatives for the company. Working with various levels of management and other members of the Clinical Operations team, this individual will lead project objectives to structure, manage and control projects through project and business lifecycles. The position will also include developing and prioritizing key activities, deliverables, and other related efforts to ensure that projects meet their stated objectives, are delivered on time, and adhere to high quality standards.
- Full ownership of project discovery, critical success factors, stakeholder engagement, and project execution through closure for > 4 Process Improvement projects simultaneously.
- Create and manage project plans in adherence with organization standards.
- Identify gaps in business functions and business process. Review gaps with business partners to determine solution alternatives.
- Engage stakeholders on project objectives, goals and success measures – manage expectations, escalate where needed.
- Identify and design business solutions for the project using industry standard practices.
- Draft diagrams representing project context, solution design and process flows. Partner with project stakeholders to determine appropriate solutions.
- Manage project risks and issues using experienced mitigation strategies, escalate where needed.
- Perform project oversight responsibilities for associate team resources.
- Create and maintain project management templates for the Process Improvement team.
- Other duties, as needed.
- Commitment to deadlines with a strong sense of urgency
- Willingness to meet the needs of global business environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Creative and can be an individual contributor
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Ability to present ideas
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree is a plus
- 5+ years project management experience
- 3 – 5 years of technology and/or healthcare experience preferred
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Business Process Solutions experience
- Visio, Microsoft Project experience preferred
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.