Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager the Manufacturing Engineer 2 will be responsible for supporting the Production Department by developing efficient processes, procedures, test fixtures, standards, instructions for the purpose of both enhancing the customer experience with InTouch Health equipment and making Production processes more efficient and effective. This person should have a variety of capabilities that allow the individual to be a major contributor to the advancement of the efficient processes and procedures that drive quality into the products that ITH provides to our customers.
- Develop and implement more efficient facility layouts
- Use Value stream and Process mapping to determine more efficient processes
- Define and implement more efficient processes in inbound receiving, materials storage, work-in-process staging, kitting, finished inventory storage, and shipping
- Apply the Ergonomics of material handling in a Production environment
- Implement green initiatives wherever possible
- Develop and maintain production floor processes
- Drive efficient material flow optimization procedures throughout Production
- Develop and maintain production floor test equipment and tooling
- Drive development of new processes for product improvement on the production floor
- Initiate and implement quality and productivity improvements on the production floor such as 5S, DMAIC, lean methods (continuous improvement program), etc
- Define and Drive efficiency gains in a Production environment
- Maintain and improve production floor processes which include NCR’s, Process documentation and CAPA’s
- Always have an eye for Continuous improvement in the Operations Department and the value that Kaizen activities contribute to that improvement
- Utilizes problem solving tools and techniques and apply risk-based approach to problem solving
- Provide technical support on manufacturing technical issues
- Approve manufacturing product and process changes and assures the change management is controlled, adequate, and documented
- Team player
- Ability to identify and eliminate Muda in a Production Environment
- Ability to value stream and process map for a more efficient material and process flow
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of 5S, Lean and Kanban initiatives
- Knowledge to write/edit basic software (scripts, macros, etc)
- Ability to measure process efficiency
- Ability to develop test fixtures and equipment
- Ability to write concise and accurate Manufacturing instructions
- Knowledge to analyze and reduce process cycle time
- Recognized process improvement (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma) and problem solving (e.g. RCA, DMAIC, 5 Whys) training preferred
- Working knowledge of risk assessments, design control requirements, FMEAs, control plans, quality plans, testing and inspection equipment and techniques
- Statistical Process Control knowledge
- Strong organizational and communication skills - effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical devices
- Ability to read and analyze mechanical and electrical drawings
- BS in Industrial Engineering (or Equivalent)
- 5-10 years’ experience in a production environment in a manufacturing company required
- Experience Optimizing Material flow in a Production Environment
- Experience troubleshooting electro-mechanical devices
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.