At Teladoc Health, we’re transforming the lives of people with chronic conditions. You’ll have the benefit of joining in a period of astronomical growth, and the opportunity to positively impact the lives of hundreds of thousands (soon millions!) of people living with chronic conditions every day.
The machine learning effort is part of the Data Science team at Teladoc Health. In your role as an Applied Machine Learning Scientist, you will work closely with product managers, clinical team, and engineering to discover and evaluate member health signals, develop and build models and pipelines to encourage engagement, better care delivery, and improves clinical outcomes.
This is an opportunity to use technical rigor to apply machine learning to real-world business problems; and engineer, deploy, measure and iterate ML in production, for a greater number of people living with chronic and behavioral conditions.
- Explore and identify new types of signals and models to better understand our members using data from diverse sources, including hardware and mobile sensor data, audio and text data, image data, and clinical and pharmacy data.
- Use advanced machine learning approaches to enhance Teladoc Health products and services. This includes formulating business and product needs as machine learning problems; use technical rigor to identify the techniques and algorithms to pragmatically solve problems related to Health Signals, care services, and behavioral recommendations.
- Build production ready models to identify and personalize recommendations that improve member/provider experiences and clinical outcomes.
- Interpret the results of your work for clinical, product and business decision-makers.
- Collaborate closely with product management, engineering and clinical leadership to discover and distill requirements of problem definitions, product features and architecture to improve clinical outcomes using insights and models.
What you bring
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Science, Machine Learning or a related field in SaaS or consumer companies
- A Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Maths, Statistics, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field. PhD preferred.
- Demonstrable Depth of experience in Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow and at least one of the following: Spark, SQL, and/or Hadoop.
- Excellent data analysis skills and bias to deliver, measure and iterate using experimentation and statistical analysis.
- Experience of the entire ML model lifecycle (modeling approach ideation, data exploration, model development and prototyping, deployment, monitoring and iteration).
- Experience with a broad range of ML algorithms: supervised, unsupervised, collaborative filtering, causal modeling; deep learning and NLP; have a good judgement and reasoning capability to choose the appropriate one to generate the hypothesis, conduct experimentation and further address business/product needs.
- Expertise with applications in healthcare, DL embedding to process medical records/claims is preferred.
- Experience designing and building useful, maintainable code for model training, evaluation, and interpretation.
- A pragmatic ability to balance prototyping with incremental cleanup and refactoring along the way.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers, and respect for member privacy.
Who you are:
- Self-driven and intellectually curious, with a proven track record using machine learning to solve challenging business, technical and data engineering problems.
- A strong team player willing to learn new platforms and tools, keep updated with advanced ML research/publications, and to help other team members adopt those tools and similar spirit.
- A combined research and engineering mindset to pursue creative ML solutions for product and member experience improvement.
- An active listener who can “read between the lines” to infer product needs and underlying context.
- An open and kind individual seeking to be part of a high-performing, caring team.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.