Under the leadership of the Director of Quality, the HWQA Test Engineer will use a risk-based approach to develop and execute detailed test plans to identify and troubleshoot potential and existing hardware failure modes. The candidate will employ the appropriate methodology such as accelerated aging, Design of Experiment, Reliability Engineering, Six Sigma, etc. in order to determine root cause of observed failures, poor performance and quantify all aspects that might be relevant to the Quality, Reliability and Durability of Teladoc hardware products. The HWQA Test Engineer will employ a statistically-driven approach to perform thorough data analysis and produce comprehensive reports for the stakeholders.
- Develop and execute detailed test plans to identify and troubleshoot potential and existing failure modes.
- Lead Engineering, Design and Production Validation Testing activities (EVT, DVT, PVT).
- Record test results and use a statistically-driven approach to produce reports in accordance with Teladoc’s processes and procedures.
- Work with various teams to create the right test suites to maximize testing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead the production of Failure Mode and Effect Analyses (FMEA).
- Review engineering specifications and drawings and propose design modifications to improve Quality and reliability within cost and other performance requirements.
- Develop experiments to simulate electrical inputs, transient conditions, temperature change, stress test and other factors to accelerate aging
- Develop computer models to predict and improve system reliability.
- Analyze product utilization and calculate cumulative effect on final system reliability.
- Participate in design reviews to deliver findings and provide recommendations.
- Determine and specify the minimum number of samples to obtain statistically sufficient data.
- Monitor failure data from products and customers to identify potential risks and propose counter-measures.
- Comply with all aspects of Teladoc’s Policies, Procedures and Quality Management System.
- Proficient with Test & Reliability Engineering and Hardware Quality Assurance principles.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 (or equivalent).
- Certification in Six Sigma and/or DFSS a plus.
- Strong analytical Skills and ability to produce comprehensive reports.
- Technically oriented with Hardware and Software products.
- Ability to distill and verbally communicate findings to technical team and management
- Highly focused and detail oriented.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of experience in a relevant discipline
- Work experience can be leveraged in lieu of academic degree
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.