Under the general direction of the Sr. Director, Software & Configuration Management, the Implementation Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of implementation and solution delivery projects for Teladoc products and the organization. The TPM collaborates with customers (as well as internal stakeholders) and leads the Implementation Project Teams on planning, scheduling and execution of all deliverables within the scope of the project or program.
- Lead, facilitate, coordinate, and track day-to- day activities required to ensure the project is completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals, departmental policies, established processes, and/or the standard terms and conditions of the contract
- Full understanding of how to implement and manage Teladoc products and services
- Create and use of project plan templates for assigned projects, which include clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities
- Successfully manage the scope of the project, including customer priorities
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to identify risks to project success; develop effective action plans for remediation and resolution
- Appropriately manage / escalate project issues or risks
- Manage customer expectations of product and services
- Provide leadership and direction for customers and the project team
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, verbal and written, with customers, project teams and leadership
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate ability of leading project teams and act as an effective team leader for all matrixed staff
- Accurately forecasting current and future quarter revenue for each assigned project
- Use of all governance tools (scope document, project status reports, risk and change logs, tollgates, etc.), for all assigned projects, to effectively manage all projects
- Provide constructive performance appraisal input through peer review process
- Technically support cross-functional (internal & external) teams and customers through the technical implementation of Teladoc products and services
- Leader Enterprise level customer facing programs and projects
- High-level knowledge and understanding of HL7 Integrations
- Understanding of analytics, budget considerations and ability to identify upsell opportunities with existing implementation projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry-recognized project management methodologies
- Possesses healthcare or SaaS/PaaS project management experience and demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies and relevant clinical and IT operations
- Demonstrated understanding of implementation project governance expectations (scope management, tollgate, and risk & change management processes)
- Has responsibility of orders, medium or large sized projects or teams
- Project scope requires significant impact to customer workflow (multi-location)
- Manages project scope of multiple Teladoc products
- Responsible for maintaining project schedule and timeline
- Compliant with forecasting and backlog management processes
- Participates in pre-sale process for medium or large size projects
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and training for project team and peers
- Demonstrates effective communication and engagement with customer
- Able to effectively work across multiple departments (e.g. distributor, operations, sales, finance)
- Ensures complete project closure including, customer acknowledgement, equipment reconciliation, and transition to Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
- Demonstrates the professional and soft skills necessary to be an effective project manager
- Demonstrated ability to train physicians and other clinicians
- Proficiency with email, Web browsers, Wi-Fi, mobile and cloud applications
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and able to lead high-level technical discussions to influence decisions or come to resolution
- Ability to understand workflows and use cases to optimize to technical implementation process
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience in hospital operations is preferred, but not required
- Prefer 5 to 7 years of healthcare related project management and leadership experience but may be substituted for 5+ years of Software as a Service or Platform as a Service implementation project management experience
- Experience implementing and supporting IT software solutions
- Knowledge of hospital administrative and procurement processes for the public and private sectors is a plus
- Six Sigma Certified
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.