The primary role of the Medical Copy Editor is to provide high-level editorial expertise when reviewing complex written material, as well as to ensure the highest level of grammatical correctness, factual accuracy, and overall quality of all assigned jobs by working in concert with our medical staff.
- Editor assigned cases to ensure grammatical accuracy and outstanding quality of all member deliverables
- Perform cold reads (sense/spell/grammar reads with or without back up as needed), initial edits (styling/formatting), reviewing cited literature for accuracy, reviewing non-cited work for uniqueness
- Ensure protection of member health information (PHI) by assuring final medical copy accurately reflects demographics and history
- Ensure branding on deliverables is accurate and consistent prior to sending to the end-user
- Format all deliverables using proprietary and other software to ensure readability and “user ease”
- Demonstrated ability to proof, edit and “de-identify” cases for external distribution
- Work closely and professionally with medical staff to ensure that materials are of the highest quality in terms of accuracy, utility, clarity, readability, and appeal; resolve any content/referencing issues
- Work proactively with operations management to communicate any issues on projects and brainstorm solutions of any editorial conflicts or issues that might impact timing
- Attend all status meetings and any other relevant or required team meetings
- Model core values of helping people and keeping our promises. Act in a professional, conscientious and ethical manner at all times
- Demonstrate leadership with regards to training or new initiatives in the department
- 3-5 years medical copy-editing experience preferred
- Firm knowledge of AMA Manual of Style, 10th edition
- Thorough understanding of medical terminology
- Ability to analyze abstract data from high-science support material and ensure its accuracy in the current assignment
- Articulate oral and written communication skills essential
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and flexibility to pivot as priorities change
- Ability to leverage multiple software platforms and systems
- Adeptness with Adobe Acrobat commenting/markups for electronic routing
- Proficiency in Word and Excel required
- Knowledge of project parameters to help other departments work with the Editorial team in regard to timelines and project goals
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- Science or health-related courses are a plus
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.