The Expert Coach I (Full-Time, Flexible) is responsible for providing support for alert coverage and other coaching products and roles on an as needed basis. This role will cover Overnight shift as a priority when needed.
- Provide real time response and support to Livongo at Teladoc members using a wirelessly enabled blood glucose monitoring device.
- Focus on serving members efficiently and effectively to achieve the best outcomes possible.
- Refer members for support and education for other conditions as needed based on clinical care guidelines including the ADA Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes, AHA Hypertension Clinical Guidelines and CDC DPP Lifestyle Management guidelines.
- Actively engage with members via a variety of communication tools including telephone, email, text, virtual application, and 1:1 coaching session to provide feedback and support, answer questions, share resources, and hold clients accountable to their goals.
- When providing coaching, the Livongo Expert Coach at Teladoc:
- Empowers members to be able to effectively self-manage their own chronic condition.
- Able to assess and identify individual member’s needs such as skills, knowledge, barriers, and motivation to appropriately educate/coach to drive behavior changes that positively impact clinical outcomes and overall health status.
- Conveys enthusiasm and positive energy during member interactions.
- Coaching approach is congruent with Motivational Interviewing for a member centered approach.
- Stay current with updates, compliance requirements and training needed to stay effective and efficient in the role. Attend meetings and training when possible and when not possible, the coach is responsible for getting the information they missed by recording, notes and/or manager.
- Maintains compliance with Federal, State and local regulations pertaining to training, FDA Quality System Regulation (cGMP), ISO 13485, Canadian Medical Device Regulation (CMDR), In Vitro Diagnostic Directive (IVDD), and Medical Device Directive (MDD) and HIPAA.
- Understand that most hours available or assigned are going to be in high demand times: primarily weekends, evenings/nights, holidays, and overnights to cover requested time off.
- The Full-time, Flexible coach schedule will have two weekdays off each week and may designate 2 weekend days per month as “unavailable” designated prior to quarter beginning as approved by Coach Schedule to balance schedule coverage needs.
- The Full-time, Flexible coach will be available Days or Evenings, Friday, Saturday, Sunday including some Holidays. Overnights will occasionally be open, as well.
- Coach can expect a minimum of 30 hours and maximum of 40 hours each week, with the understanding of 30-40 hours on average. Overtime is sometimes available, and the team works together to cover it voluntarily.
- Hours will vary weekly based on business need.
- Coach is also included in on-call and assignment operational procedures.
- Coach will work primarily weekends, day or evenings as needed each week.
- Coach availability and flexibility will positively impact the schedule and the number of hours they are able to achieve.
- Utilization will be reviewed with the manager on a quarterly basis.
- Coach will get paid for all hours worked, including scheduled shifts and time spent in meetings, training, compliance requirements and updates which should be handled as efficiently as possible.
- Coach should expect to remain in Full-Time (Flexible) role for at least 12 months and if /when a new schedule is preferred/awarded will remain in that schedule for at least 6 months.
Qualifications Required for Position
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- Coaching experience and appropriate certifications to serve the product or condition.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education to maintain knowledge and skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with members empathetically and according to the Teladoc culture.
- Ability to establish member rapport in quick/short telephone or written communications.
- Documents consistently and to the standards set by Teladoc Health using EMR.
- Empowers members to be able to effectively self-manage their own condition.
- Conveys enthusiasm and positive energy during member interactions.
- Ability to work autonomously in a responsible, efficient manner
- Possess exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Passionate about changing people’s lives and willing to go the extra mile to help members be successful
- Customer Service skills and experience.
- Display confidence, assertiveness and flexibility. Must be a self-starter
- Creative, dedicated and relentless in helping members achieve their goals
- Adaptable, innovative, and embraces teamwork and change.
- Comfortable with and interested in technology including but not limited to MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook 365, Zoom, GoTo, WebEx, Slack, Google Docs, Learning and employee engagement platforms etc.
- Work remotely from home within 48 continental US states.
- Domestic travel may be required (or encouraged) 1-2 times per year to attend meetings and conferences.
- Sitting and viewing a computer screen for long periods of time is essential.
- Fast-paced as we are constantly innovating and iterating to the business needs; flexibility and adaptable are essential qualities.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.