We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world’s largest counseling service. In 2013 we set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling - anytime, anywhere. Today, our network of over 15,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than a million people face life challenges. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over five million messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions each month that help people change their lives.
We are a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our people’s well-being and upward mobility because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand.
BetterHelp is looking for a Data Scientist to help us scale and increase our impact. You will lead the analytics and data science functions focused on our counselor business. You will use data to drive insight into the product and business with a focus on new counselor growth, retention and quality. The ideal candidate would have experience analyzing large and complex data sets related to web products. You'll be doing plenty of experiment design and post-hoc analysis, both to support product improvements and business decisions, as well as setting up infrastructure and frameworks for more efficient analysis.
- Work closely with the leadership team to instill a data-driven culture.
- Work with the product team and development team to design effective A/B tests.
- Use data to optimize our 7 figure monthly advertising budgets.
- Monitor and analyze several A/B tests with statistical rigor, present the data and insights to the team and drive product decisions.
- Have the opportunity to use our terabytes of data to help us optimize and drive business impact.
- Be a part of setting up infrastructure to help other analysts be more efficient.
- Slice and dice an enormous amount of data to gain insight on how to improve our products.
- Look at complex problems and come up with testable models and algorithms to optimize the platform.
- Develop theories that can be explored with analysis to help us improve.
- Set up BI tools and regular reporting services and interfaces.
- Enjoy great teamwork, have lots of fun, and take pride in building a world-class product that makes a difference in people's lives!
- Reporting to Head of Platform Services
- At least 2 years of advanced analytics/data science experience
- Advanced experience with SQL
- Advanced knowledge of statistics, especially as it relates to hypothesis testing
- Experience developing machine learning models
- Expert in using tools like R and Python for data analysis
- Experience analyzing A/B tests
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau and Looker
- Experience analyzing large and complex data sets to drive business insights and decisions
- Great grasp of numbers with love for data and analytics, knowledge of statistics
- Excellent communication (oral and written), attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
Bonus (great to have but not required):
- Experience with web based products
- Experience in or supporting a growth team
- Experience with leading a team of Data Scientists
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.