What do we do and why should you join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world’s largest counseling service. In 2013 we set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable and private access to professional counseling - anytime, anywhere. Today, our network of over 15,000 licensed, accredited and board-certified therapists have assisted more than a million people face life challenges. Our secure website and mobile app facilitate over five million messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions each month that help people change their lives.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our people’s well-being and upward mobility because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand.
What are we looking for?
BetterHelp is looking for an experienced designer to take responsibility for entire user experiences of multiple products including mobile apps, desktop sites, and landing pages. This person will also be involved in optimizing and testing ad concepts in order to continue to grow product adoption. The perfect candidate will have a meticulous eye for detail, a growth mindset, and experience working with consumer products.
This job requires particular attention to User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) to ensure the best and easy-to-use designs. You will have the opportunity to impress your creativity on millions of users that are seeking better mental health and wellness in their lives!
What will you do?
- Work with cross-functional teams to envision and execute impactful product experiences
- Iteratively develop new designs
- Create, test, and optimize ad concepts for our marketing channels
- Produce promotional email templates to drive conversion
- Proactively suggest thoughtful changes to current designs
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much time we have until the next round". We have the startup DNA but we're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your "job". You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- 4 + years of experience as a graphic or visual designer
- Experience working in a consumer/product company
- Experience with mobile
- A portfolio of work including web, print, motion, email, and/or landing pages
- Strong attention to details such as negative space, typography, and hierarchy
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Suite, and/or other design software
- Experience working with engineering teams, product and marketing teams to translate needs into successful designs
Bonus (great to have but not required):
- Experience with front-end development (HTML/CSS)
- Experience with A/B testing and experimentation
- Experience in a hypergrowth/scale products
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.