The Vice President, Strategic Investments, first and foremost, must bring outside-in strategic thinking and interface with the senior leadership across the organization. The role has strong finance foundational support in our standard FP&A process. This is a unique role where the successful candidate must have three core skills: 1 – thought leadership on value creation specific to the healthcare technology space, 2 – appreciation for the impact that effective engagement marketing can have on revenue growth, 3 - solid institutional knowledge of technology’s critical role in product development.
The ideal candidate should have both a fundamental understanding of finance (including accounting and financial modeling) as well as work experience in the healthcare technology sector. Of foremost importance is the ability to be an effective communication liaison among functional and business owner groups to ensure transparency and accountability around the progress of key strategic corporate investments, through interim key milestones, towards completion and successful commercial use.
The candidate should have a proven track record of success in managing through change. Reporting to the SVP of FP&A, he/she will be involved in the creation and management of our quarterly Strategic Investment Review Committee process, supporting the overall Teladoc Operating Committee. In this role, you will use your analytical skills, technology proficiency, business savvy and financial chops to influence business performance. You will work at the intersection of technology, marketing, commercial operations, finance and strategy developing helping steer the company through your value-driven analysis. You will regularly be collaborating alongside our engagement marketing team, our commercial operations and product teams as well as all facets of our technology and strategy teams.
- Set the expectations for the project sponsors of multi-disciplinary initiatives with accountability and transparency on the progress of a portfolio of projects throughout the year
- Establish clear key objectives, metrics, and milestones for the portfolio of project investments
- Have regular reporting on the status of the efforts, performance against the objectives and milestones – development status, revenues, cost savings – that are relevant for the project
- Be involved with the formation and ongoing efforts of engagement marketing teams and technology teams to establish project funding and to inform investment funding course corrections and project closure as appropriate
- Be an integral member in the creation and management of our formal Strategic Investment Committee review process meeting quarterly, with monthly status reporting.
- Be comfortable working with large amounts of data from various sources under multiple scenarios in a fast-paced environment
- Work collaboratively within the FP&A as well as cross-functional business partners globally
- Respond to information requests with thorough, organized and fact-based work product supporting key observations, assumptions and conclusions.
- Identify opportunities to improve process, financial and operational controls, and information systems in support of routine analysis and proper recordation/accumulation of financial reporting.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Information Technology or Finance; MBA preferred
- Combination of project planning experience and healthcare technology sector experience of 9-10 years or more
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Visionary thinking as well as a commitment to transparency and collaboration
- Blend of financial, strategy, business analysis, and project skills.
- Understanding of project planning tool such as Clarity, Jira or other
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment within deadlines and work with executive, technology and financial leadership.
- Be a strong advocate of data automation across functional groups and transparent communication flow
- Results oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful team player at ease in a dynamic collaborative environment
- Able to interact well with internal associates at all levels and across multiple lines of business
- Experience integrating acquisitions into an organization is preferred but not required. Playing a critical role in executing a significant technology platform into an organization is also preferred
- Must be proficient with all Microsoft Office software with advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Flexibility for some travel (post pandemic)
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.