Come work for a data-driven innovator that’s transforming the healthcare industry. In your role as a Data Scientist for Personalization, you’ll work closely with marketing teams driving enrollment and retention to create scalable analytics that directly drive Livongo’s business forward.
This role will leverage your technical skills and business acumen as you deliver insights that inform Livongo’s most important business decisions. You’ll collaborate closely with leaders to support growth, helping us increase our reach and impact a greater number of people living with chronic and behavioral conditions. Your efforts will improve the value of Livongo services to our Members, increased engagement and member retention.
This high-profile, high-impact opportunity on the Data Science team has huge advancement potential, as well as the opportunity to leverage data in ways that truly make a difference in people’s lives.
The Data Scientist at Teladoc Health is responsible for delivering data-driven insights and developing AI/ML products in telehealth to make healthcare more accessible and affordable. You will have the opportunity to leverage the rich data at Teladoc Health and your data science skills to solve very diverse set of business problems, ranging from customer acquisition and engagement, to demand forecasting, scheduling and clinical outcome analysis. You will collaborate closely with engineers, product managers, fellow data scientists and business stakeholders on deliverables impacting millions of members and the growth of our business. As the Data Science team continues to evolve, you will also play a critical role in the maturation of machine learning infrastructure, data science best practices, as well as analytic roadmaps.
The ideal candidate will have solid hands-on experience in AI/ML, outstanding business acumen, intense curiosity, and superior written and verbal communication skills. He/she will have a strong bias toward data-driven decision making. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big while paying attention to detail, and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
If you are excited about being part of the growing data science organization and using data science to drive changes in healthcare – this is the role for you!
- Contribute to the design, development, and delivery of automated, scalable analytical solutions to stakeholders.
- Process data from disparate sources and perform sophisticated analysis to enable decision making by leveraging exploratory data analysis, statistical modeling, machine learning techniques
- Partner with engineers and business stakeholders to design, develop and deploy AI/ML products to drive business outcomes
- Interpret and communicate results with different business areas, such as Marketing, Clinical Operations, Finance, Product, Engineering, and Management
- Performing statistical and other ad-hoc analysis, and presenting results in a clear manner
- Contribute to the development of maturation of data science ecosystems and best practices
- Solid background in machine learning and statistical modeling techniques, such as classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, forecasting, recommender system, and optimization
- Proficient in working with structured and unstructured data from multiple sources by using data science programming languages, such as Python, R, and SQL
- Demonstrate ability to deliver actionable insights or machine learning solutions by analyzing large volume of data sets, preferably with applications in marketing and personalization
- Experience with cloud-based machine learning platforms, such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Results-driven, client-focused, strong project management and communications skills
- Prior experience in healthcare strongly preferred
- Working knowledge in Deep Learning or Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a plus
- A MS or PhD degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or related fields, plus 3 years in DS role
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.