Livongo is looking for an exceptional mobile application engineer. The ideal candidate should have relentless passion for working on technology that is transformative and critically important to helping the lives of people impacted by chronic conditions.
Working on healthcare technology requires tremendous commitment towards our members and sensitivity around designing intuitive and engaging UI. We are the leading chronic condition management platform because we hold ourselves responsible for the technology that drives the health and wellbeing of every single Livongo member. We value engineers that strive for excellence despite adversity, with a sense of compassion and urgency for solving some of the most pressing healthcare issues today.
- Work alongside the design and product team to create a world class healthcare experience
- Technical anchor for our mobile (iOS and/or Android) product offerings
- Native and hybrid application development, maintenance and release
- Practice agile development cycles and collaborative coding methodologies
- Technical mentorship of junior developers and cross functional supporting roles.
- Technical guidance around project delivery and resource planning.
- 5+ Years of native Android/iOS development experience (Java, Kotlin and/or Objective-C, Swift).
- Expert level knowledge of mobile networking stack and client side persistent data store. (sqlite, Core Data, Room DB, Realm DB)
- Deep understanding of concurrent programming architecture and best practices
- 5+ years of native UI development experience, especially with respect to device and OS compatibility
- Extensive experience building complex mobile applications that span across multiple core native stacks such as Bluetooth, gRPC, encryption, data streams, multimedia.
- Strong experience with providing technical mentorship and architectural guidance.
- Strong advocate for agile software development principles and test driven development methodologies.
- Experience with CICD tools and systems, beta distribution platforms and app store release cycle and processes
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience
and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.