Apply your technical, strategic, and organizational skills to drive the delivery of high quality translations and localized products that improve the lives of people with acute and chronic care needs. Teladoc is seeking a talented localization project manager to support the development of our multilingual and international member experience across UX product content, long-form educational content, images, audio, video, and device packaging during a time of dynamic innovation and exponential growth into international markets.
In your role as Localization Project Manager, you’ll work with content strategy, engineering, product management, design, our clinical experts, and our translation vendors, and position yourself as the go-to project and process expert as we bring our products to new languages and new global markets.
This role can be based in New York, NY; Purchase, NY; Mountain View, CA; Denver, CO; Chicago, IL; Quincy, MA; Toronto, Canada; or remote.
- Manage localization projects, requirements, and timelines across internal partners and external vendors in a fast-paced, highly distributed environment
- Establish a process for both translating and localizing products for the first time, and for ongoing product and content development
- Evangelize content, design, and engineering best practices for ensuring high quality, consistent translations
- Use our translation management and project management tools to see source strings and media through from creation to launch
- Proactively communicate timelines and dependencies among project teams
- Review, prioritize, and coordinate the implementation of cultural and clinical localization feedback from vendors and internal clinical teams
- Coordinate linguistic assets, including translation memories, terminology, locale-specific style guides, and visual references
Our successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of prior localization project management experience
- Experience working on projects that involve content across software, packaging, and multimedia experiences
- Experience localizing highly regulated products/services, like health care or fintech
- Familiarity with CAT and translation management tools (e.g. Smartling)
- Knowledgeable of internationalization development standards and and localization best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across distributed time zones
- Experience building processes that enable internationalization at scale
- Experience launching products in new languages and countries for the first time
- Knowledge of a language other than English
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.