- Assist with the design, development and product life-cycle of digital health and/or diagnostic devices, monitored over interactive platforms
- Tackle complex engineering challenges using technologies such as Java, Spring, Scala, and MongoDB
- Apply a range of processes and systems to solve problems end-to-end, in areas such as billing, commerce, enrollment and communication – specific focus will vary from project to project
- Work closely with Livongo’s Product, Infrastructure and Operations teams to create and execute on software development plans, product test cases, trace matrices, release notes, labeling, etc.
- Collaborate with other team members to continuously streamline the engineering and software development processes
- 2+ years’ experience as a backend software engineer
- Advanced experience with data structures, object-oriented design, concurrency and algorithms
- Familiarity with functional programming
- Deep background in designing, building and using REST APIs
- Experience working with databases or NoSQL
- High proficiency in Scala, Java, or Node.is.
- Proficiency with asynchronous messaging and distributed processing
- Ability to adapt to new languages and frameworks
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, building rapport and influencing decisions across all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate succinctly and effectively over the phone and in writing
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration, with limited supervision
- Drive to meet deadlines and achieve or exceed goals and expectations
- Ability to strictly follow policies and procedures when required, while also knowing when to think outside the box
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work environments, new priorities, new instructions, delays, or unexpected events
- Skill at managing competing demands, with the ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline, preferably software, mechanical, or electrical engineering
Why Join Livongo?
Our Work Truly Matters: Welcome to a new era of healthcare. Livongo combines data science, behavior enablement, and clinical impact to make it easier for people to stay healthy. Our Members seamlessly manage chronic and behavioral health conditions on one platform.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? Livongo’s innovative solution utilizes advanced coaching and real-time, personalized insights to increase Member satisfaction, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce overall healthcare spending. Here you can truly improve people’s lives.
Focus on PEOPLE: Voted one the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Right now. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference for our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.