At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
Tekion is looking for talented Engineering Manager - UI, who want to be part of building the next-generation business applications on the cloud. Engineering Manager - UI will use his/her passion and expertise for creating world-class products. He/she will collaborate with the product and engineering teams and development managers to create the business application of the future.
- Design and Build complicated Workflow
Take end-to-end ownership of components and be responsible for the subsystems that you work on from design, code, testing, integration, deployment, enhancements, etc
- Strong understating of XML, JSON, DOM, and w3c standards
- Providing technical expertise for every phase of the project lifecycle; from concept development to solution design, implementation, optimization and support
- Be an Interface with Stockholder sand architects to create technology specifications from business requirements for one or more modules within the project
- Responsible to prepare the technical design of the components within the module (one or more of client/web presentation tier, server tier, data access and data model, integration component, package function customization)
- Proficient in articulating the pros and cons of using a certain technology stack or component or design pattern versus another to the clients and project team and drives selection of technologies, designs to come up with the optimal architecture
- Drives the performance tuning, re-design and re-factoring for a module
- Contributes to designing and implementing the build, release process as well as system configuration and deployment characteristics of the application
- Implements (hands-on) the module components based on prevailing Framework and Open-source standards & its best practices.
- Mentors the team (people working on the module and other project team members) on technology concepts and best practices for design, implementation and other processes
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in Software Development
- Bachelor’s in computer science or relevant fields
- Strong sense of ownership
- Attitude for getting things done
- Understanding of basic Rest Principles
- Familiar with project management tools like JIRA etc.
- Will be involved in developing any enterprise systems like eCommerce, manufacturing, supply chain, etc.,
- Excellent understanding of performance and optimization techniques
- Experience of working with Git
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, parental leave and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from Silicon Valley’s most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth start-up with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- A dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- The open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.