At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
The Data Specialist is an exciting opportunity for someone highly detail-oriented and seeking a new role that will grow their career with an expanding software organization. The role focuses on working to obtain, interpret, audit, test and enter Original Equipment Manufacturers’ (OEM’s) lender data into a proprietary content management tool for syndication to various products. Think major car manufacturers such as General Motors.
The Data Specialist will use APIs and public websites to research and analyze tax & fee results/calculations within 3rd-party and internal products. We will teach you everything you need to know to take on this role and expand your career as you will be responsible for the accuracy and efficiency standards of the company’s supported products.
- The Data Specialist will learn how to apply specialized knowledge of automotive vehicle and program information for each assigned OEM & lender; and update & maintain all data toward providing accurate information within our products.
- Utilize data feeds, websites, emails or similar to obtain and process new data updates.
- Enter all required data into a proprietary content management tool in an accurate and timely manner.
- Audit data accuracy of team members and personal entries to ensure quality of entries.
- Individual will proactively source and obtain new or missing lender & OEM data as needed to ensure all data is available and accurate within products.
- Research and validate tax & fee calculations across cities, counties, states and provinces.
- Assist department with automating data entry wherever possible.
- Complete all assigned projects on time and within established SLAs
- Correct any known data errors and respond to inquiries received from customer support, external partners, and internal team members.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or 2 plus years in a similar role
- Proficiency with MS office especially Excel
- Ability to make, understand and analyze API calls/responses (Postman)
- 10-key experience preferred as you will be working with lots of numbers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be organized and adaptable to an ever-changing and fast-moving field
- Must be a team player but also able to work autonomously
- Must perform well under tight deadlines for a key portion of the first week of each month
- High level of data-entry accuracy
- Experience with lender rate sheets and OEM programs is a plus
- Experience with taxes, fees and automobile-financing contracts is a plus
- Ability to work longer hours the first week of every month and a Saturday to meet critical deadlines
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, parental leave and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from the Silicon Valley’s most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth startup with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- Dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- Open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.