At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
At Tekion, design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities.
The job of a Senior Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical. You'll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs — from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mock-ups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product Is easy to use and solving their problems.
*Candidates must be fluent in French and English
- Collaborate with product, engineering, business, and design teams to create new features, understand their impact, and continue to elevate the experience of our users.
- Ability to understand the product's mission, understand personas based on user research, refer analytics data, and translate into simple and engaging experiences.
- Deliver UX solutions that measurably improve the core workflows of our users by efficiently implementing user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- The ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
Skills & Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience with end-to-end product design
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating effective user-centered design solutions with measurable results
- Strong UX design and visual design skills
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of cross-platform design patterns (and when to break them)
- Obsession with users - who they are and how they use the product - to create the best experience for them
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience
- Able to function independently and in a team environment with solid collaboration skills
- Experience in designing B2B, enterprise, or platform applications
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation benefits and generous stock options
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from the Silicon Valley’s most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth startup with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- Dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- Open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.