At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
*This position must reside in the Bay Area*
About the Role
We're doing some incredible work in the Legal team and building the foundation for the hypergrowth that Tekion is undergoing. If you’re someone who enjoys a challenge, can simplify complexity, thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves to partner with people, we’re looking for you!
- Manage the timely administration and compliance of employee stock programs company-wide
- Administer the day to day aspects of the equity plan including managing the cap table, transaction processing, administering grants, exercises, releases, cancellations, terminations, tender offers and any other equity compensation-based transactions, and data entry
- Providing help and support to our employees on stock-related questions and creating education materials
- Collaborate with other departments including HR, Finance, Tax, Payroll, and Legal to address equity compensation matters and related tax, payroll and reporting matters with precision.
- Assist in the drafting, preparing, proofing and/or summarizing of legal documents (including nondisclosure agreements and the like) and legal correspondence
- Assist in all pre-contract matters, such as negotiation support, coordination with subject matter experts and obtaining necessary approvals prior to contract execution
- Administer the execution and filing of company contracts
- Manage requests for documents from legal or stakeholders
- Update various contract templates as needed with direction from attorneys and manage web-based repositories
- Develop new processes and workflows to streamline and scale
- 5+ years of experience of experience in a stock administration role and deep knowledge of Carta
- Industry recognized paralegal certification
- Extensive knowledge of various equity instruments including options, RSUs, ESPPs and related SEC reporting requirements and tax matters
- Unwavering attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to create lasting relationships, collaborate with multiple stakeholders, balance conflicting priorities and work independently
- Strong research, analytical and report-generating skills with a data driven approach to decision making
- Ability to apply good judgment and appropriate discretion when dealing with sensitive material and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing environments
- Resilience, patience, humility and humor!
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, parental leave and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from the Silicon Valley’s most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth startup with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- Dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- Open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required upon hire.
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.