At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
Tekion is looking for a talented Database Architect who wants to be part of building the next-generation business applications on the cloud. The analyst will use his/her passion and expertise in creating world-class products. He/she will collaborate with the product and engineering /Analytical teams and development managers to create the business application of the future.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in Open-source Database platforms like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience in engaging with senior leadership and determining ways to optimize the IT Platforms & Infrastructure
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (preferably Python, Shell)
- Experience in both Relational and non-relational databases (MongoDB)
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities in addition to technical depth
- Conceptual, logical data models and physical database design using tools like Erwin, PGAdmin, Visio, UML
- Hands on experience in SQL and procedural languages (i.e. PL/SQL, T-Sql, PL/PgSql)
- Data warehouse ETL processes, data quality and data cleansing with tools like Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator, Talent
- Data migration - Homogenous and heterogeneous e.g. MongoDB to PostgreSQL with tools like Goldendale, Ora2PG
- Database backup (physical and logical) and recovery strategies
- High availability and disaster recovery principle i.e. physical and logical standby databases, server clustering, mirroring, replication, sharding
- Performance tuning i.e. database initialization parameter tuning, database tuning, query and Pl/Sql tuning
- Database security, database hardening, data encryption at rest and at fly
- Implementing normalized and deformalized star and snowflake schema.
- Choosing between RDBMS and NoSQL
- Architecture experience with at least two RDBMS engines Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Architecture experience with at least one NoSQL engines MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Pouch DB, HBase, Memcache, Orient DB
- Experience with data migration strategies for heterogeneous and cloud migration
- Experience leading software engineering teams (e.g. setting technical direction, mentoring junior engineers, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications & Required Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in database architecture design and development
- Experience with NoSQL, SQL databases, statistics and algorithms
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, and related software stacks
- Architecture experience with at least one cloud database AWS RDS, AWS Aurora, Azure SQL, AWS DynamoDB, Hosted MongoDB
- Cloud Big data certifications such as Azure Data Engineer, AWS Big data specialization
- High level of proficiency in procedural, object-oriented, and scripted programming languages such as Java, C, C++, Perl and Python
- Presales process including requirement clarification, RFP, RFQ, RFI
- Leading customer workshop sessions to educate customer on best practices
- Story telling skills in form of presentation, blogs, white papers
- Experience in cross platform development for multiple variants of Unix, Linux including 32 and 64 bit
- Knowledge on database storage stripping and mirroring for performance and high availability.
- Knowledge on operating system (Unix/ Windows) best practices for optimization of database performance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.