At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
So what are we looking for? We’re looking for a talented and experienced Product Management leader wants to help us scale our rocket ship and be an instrumental part of shaping our future. We need someone who loves challenges, pushes boundaries and is passionate about building a transformational product. At this high profile, high visibility role, you will get to define and drive the product roadmap, manage priorities within cross-functional teams, make smart, data driven decisions, present conclusions, trade-offs and recommendations directly to both customers and our C-suite, and take multiple product lines from ideation to post-production support. And best of all, you will be part of a proven, world class team that is solving complex problems and delighting our customers.
- Own the Customer Voice – You will be our product champion in front of customers, taking regular feedback, communicating about what we are doing new & how we are doing it better, helping create more customer champions. You will understand the business landscape, talk the business language and help bring our customers & product together.
- Combine an Entrepreneurial Spirit with a structured methodology – You will be leading key strategic initiatives from the front while trying to tackle and improve highly customized existing processes. Therefore, you would be required to have a scrappy mindset to quickly kick start things, and then a structured and methodological approach to take them to the finish line in a productized, repeatable manner, at scale.
- A Manager and a Coach – Take our strong and highly motivated team of PMs and make them world class. We are specifically looking for someone who wants to help his team learn new tricks, grow as professionals and individuals, and evolve to be self-sufficient and highly reliable top shelf team that all rows in the same direction.
- Drive Product Roadmap – Contribute to company-level strategic decisions by championing current and future state capabilities of the platform. Set the course for your team’s future, and then drive Go-To-Market, product pitches and plan to General-Availability for new product areas.
- Define Success – Define metrics to measure success of the Platform and drive a culture of data-driven decision making. Actively monitor these key business metrics and adjust priorities based on key team goals.
- Lead your product Engagement & Communication – Establish rapport with leaders across all departments including Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Sales, Business Development, and work collaboratively with them to streamline communication and processes. You will specifically be a point person our leadership and internal stakeholders will look up to for answers or direction on anything related to your products.
- Build for speed at scale – Define and drive processes that would enable us to execute quickly, while still doing it in a repeatable and sustainable manner. You will need to choose where to invest your and your team’s time, effectively communicate the trade-offs, and make sure we can hit not just today’s goals, but also our 1 and 3 year goals.
Skills & Qualifications
We want that small percentage of the population that is passionate about what they do, take pride in what they build and bring to the market, like to solve complex problems, and wants to be part of an elite culture that is progressive, always evolving, and loves working with others to accomplish great things!
- Strong business acumen and ability to work through complex and ambiguous business requirements from post-sale support, tax, legal, financial, compliance, and regulatory perspective
- 7+ years of Product Management experience with empathy for users, and understanding of their process and requirements
- 3+ years of managing product managers directly
- Drive prioritization and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to envision product ideation through post-production release support
- Ability to build scalable work processes
- Experience working in the automotive retail industry
- Machine learning product management experience
- Experience building complex enterprise-level B2B software
- MBA from a top-tier global business school
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock options
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including parental leave and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from the Silicon Valley’s most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of a hyper-growth start-up with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- Dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- Open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
Please note that this position will involve up to 25% travel to meet with customers and partners.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required upon hire.
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.