At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
- Work directly with application/product teams to define, develop and implement the right ML solution for the problem at hand.
- Come up with new solutions for solving automotive industry business problems.
- Define the correct evaluation metrics for offline and online evaluation. Creating and tracking accuracy and performance metrics.
- Incorporating new data sources and implementing creative methodologies to improve model performance.
- Helping build production systems that take inputs from multiple models and support decision making.
- Should be equally comfortable with digging in to customer requirements as you are drilling into design with development teams and developing production ready learning models.
- Should consistently bring strong, data-driven business and technical judgment to decisions.
- Masters, PhD in Data Science, Mathematics, Operations Research or related field.
- The right candidate has a background in probability and statistics, applied mathematics, or computational science and a history of solving difficult problems with good business impact using a scientific approach.
- Experience working with ML algorithms and frameworks.
- Significant experience in Data Science and Machine Learning with a strong proven track record in delivering positive business impact.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with analytics, data science and big data experience in a business context.
- Experience in programming in Python or similar languages and maintaining code repositories in git.
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insights.
- Experience in Recommendation Engine, Natural Language Processing.
- Domain knowledge of automotive industry.
- Enjoys discovering and solving problems; proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; being a self-starter who takes responsibility when required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, visual and presentation skills, ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner to executives.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple products and application teams.
- A willingness to learn, share and improve.
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.