At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
Tekion is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help shape the future of Automotive Industry. At Tekion we transform the end to end experience of customers in automotive. Are you motivated by solving tough problems, business-focused and have a passion for coding complex solutions? The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, have an affinity for building from scratch, demonstrate strong attention to detail, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, complex and ever-changing environment. You’ll be able to bring your unique skills and expertise to shape the direction of our Data Platform team. We are looking for highly motivated data engineer interested in delivering the next level of innovation for Tekion.
We are building a centralized data platform in Tekion. Our team is responsible for ingesting, transforming, serving data across various modules. We have a centralized data warehouse / data lake and multiple feature stores. This is a new team and has a potential to grow to a big core team soon.
Core responsibilities include:
- Be part of developing scalable, reliable and highly available production level data platforms, data pipelines to meet various business needs.
- Should be able to design (high level / low level) software solutions for the new requirements.
- Coding independently and also with other team members with proper software industry standard best practices.
- Collaborate with data analysts/ product managers in understanding the data.
- Mentoring junior developers, code reviews and deployments.
- Work closely with QA and deliver the product end to end.
- You will be working closely with ML, Analytics and Reporting teams.
- B.E/MTech in computer science
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in building scalable products with preferably big data
- Excellent coding skills. This is COMPULSORY.
- Experience in apache spark, delta lake and other big data technologies.
- Experience in either data warehouses or relational database is mandatory
- Experience in kafka, stream/batch processing applications like storm, kstreams
- Experience in AWS cloud
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple products and application teams.
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.