At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
We're looking for an experienced Sales Development Representative to work closely with our Sales and Marketing teams. The role will include researching target accounts, managing incoming leads, developing call strategies and follow up process around lead generation.
The ideal candidate will be able to seek new business appointment opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential clients in the franchise automotive vertical while communicating the Tekion value proposition to key decision-makers to assess buying interest. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with clients, from the first contact until the appointment is transitioned to the Field Sales Team. If you like to win and are motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we'd like to meet you.
- Achieve daily, weekly, and monthly KPI’s for setting up appointments with potential customers
- Ability to independently build, plan and execute on a territory plan and identify prioritization for initial customer contact
- Contact and penetrate high profile automotive dealerships at the Owner, General Manager of Chief Financial Officer level to schedule meetings with our Field Sales Representatives
- Describe and present the Tekion Value Proposition to our clients that entices them to schedule a meeting with our sales team members
- Ability to track, analyze and review calls, appointments, and follow up communication with high profile executives
- Interact with Field Sales Representatives to transfer the knowledge of the customer expectations and schedule the initial customer meeting with the sales team
- Must be self-motivated to achieve all appointment KPI’s
- Never take no for an answer attitude.
- 2-3 years of work experience as a Business Development Representative or similar role (automotive retail experience a plus)
- Hands-on experience with multiple cold calling lead generation techniques
- Strong detail orientation and project planning to prioritize daily and weekly outreach strategy
- Track record of achieving lead generation (appointment) quotas
- Must be able to drive the appointment process independently and creatively
- Must be resourceful and ability to solve problems from beginning to end
- Experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or relevant work experience
- Take accountability and practice extreme ownership
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation and generous stock options
- 100% employer-paid top-of-the-line medical, dental and vision coverage
- Great benefits including unlimited PTO, parental leave and free snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from the Silicon Valley's most dominant and successful companies
- Be part of an early stage, hyper-growth startup with the opportunity to grow and prosper
- Work on the latest and coolest technologies – everything is home-grown and built ground-up
- Dynamic work environment with a strong sense of community and collaboration
- Open and transparent culture that encourages innovation, rewards performance and discourages hierarchy
- Exciting opportunities for career growth and development
Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required upon hire.
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.