At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
Tekion is looking for a talented Software Database Engineer who wants to be part of building the next-generation business applications on the cloud. The analyst will use his/her passion and expertise in creating world-class products. He/she will collaborate with the product and engineering /Analytical teams and development managers to create the business application of the future.
As DB administrator/ developer, you will manage, maintain, and troubleshoot the company databases housed in MongoDB. If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, Tekion provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain database systems, ensuring best practice processes are followed and service levels are met.
- Hands-on experience with MongoDB database & collections commands, Mongo shell methods, user, role, replication and shard methods, and MongoDB admin commands.
- Support MongoDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
- maintain database structures, ensure optimal designs and coding practices are followed.
- Upgrades of MongoDB, Database Migrations and Updates, and application of database patches.
- Develop and implement Defragmentation strategies and Index rebuilds.
- Designing DR (Disaster Recovery)/COB (Continuity of Business) plans as applicable.
- Data integration with other databases (MongoDB and MySQL).
- Fine-tune the configurations – mongo dB and servers for performance improvement.
- Support Automation for Configuration and management
- Experience with databases like MongoDB, or any NoSQL databases
- NoSQL - MongoDB setup with replication, Data Mapping, ReIndexing, Index and cluster health management DB Queries, aggregations
- Good understanding of DB schema design, performance tuning and capacity planning
- Troubleshoot any problems that may come up with the database environments: performance issues, replication issues, or operational issues.
- Establish and maintain backup, restore and recovery processes.Implement and maintain MongoDB OPS Manager/Cloud Manager
- Understand and Optimize query performance
- Comfortable in using MongoDB tools like mongostat, mongotop, mongoexport, mongoimport, mongodump, mongorestore etc
- Experience with SQL and Pl/SQL development experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
- Experience in developing any enterprise systems like eCommerce, manufacturing, supply chain, etc.,
- Excellent understanding of performance and optimization techniques
- Ability to write a maintainable codebase
- Experience of working with Git
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience with MySQL / PostgreSQL administration
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.