Tecovas is the first direct-to-consumer western brand, founded with the simple goal of making the world’s best western boots, apparel and leather goods - and selling them at a fair price. We are a brand revolutionizing a category and welcoming first-time boot buyers and western enthusiasts alike.
Tecovas is passionate about offering an incredible customer experience for first-time boot buyers and western enthusiasts alike! We’re looking for talented Part-Time Assistant Store Managers that will contribute to a profitable and customer-centric environment through the development of a team and management of our total store operations. They will support product flow and apply merchant and customer service skills to curate a compelling in-store experience.
Responsibilities will include:
LEADERSHIP & TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Supports the Store Manager in recruiting, hiring, and retaining top talent
- Supports the Store Manager in creating and maintaining a succession strategy
- Foster a culture of strong communication and teamwork in order to ensure a seamless balance between operational, visual and customer priorities.
- Administers performance appraisals, sets goals and conducts consistent touch-bases with direct reports.
- Cultivates an environment of genuine customer connection
- Demonstrates extraordinary service and acts as a brand ambassador reflective of the company values
- Facilitates an energized pace, positive service environment and team development
- Understands an OMNI Channel business - implements processes and utilizes tools to better service the customer
VISUAL AND BUSINESS OPERATIONS
- Facilitates the sharing of product knowledge
- Upholds stock-to-sales processes, presentation standards, and manages product placement
- Maintains an effective store structure, floor plan, and appropriate fixture usage
- Upholds and ensures compliance with shipments, transfers and restock standards
- Adheres to and develops awareness around internal and external Loss Prevention procedures
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS
- Set clear objectives and expectations to drive a consistent store experience and ensure excellent operational and visual standards
- Encourage and demonstrate adaptability; positively effecting change and enabling the team to successfully execute a shared vision
- 2+ years Retail Management experience
- Must be available to work 15-20 hours per week
- Exceptional leadership, selling, and customer service skills
- Strong merchant skills and a history of delivering financial results
- Proven record of hiring and developing great talent
- Experienced in coaching, counseling & conflict resolution
- Independent, proactive, results-driven work ethic
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
- High School Diploma required (College Degree preferred)
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Continually able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, and be able to reach overhead, bend, squat, and kneel as you organize and stock inventory.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service while implementing loss prevention practices
- Able to lift up to 30lbs regularly and perform store maintenance tasks
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be available to work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), evenings and holidays as needed
- Competitive hourly compensation + incentives
- Free boots and generous employee discount
Tecovas was born out of a love for cowboy boots, their time-honored craftsmanship, rich materials that last, and traditional styling that always looks good. Each pair of Tecovas boots is crafted by hand in over 200 steps. It’s not the easiest or cheapest method, but we’re committed to classic construction techniques that stand the test of time. With 28 retail stores (and counting) across the Austin, Dallas and Southeast regions, we’re bringing western goods into new frontiers and aim to be the most welcoming brand in western. We’re certainly growing- and hiring passionate, humble, positive, and talented people determined to help us continue to grow!
Important note: We strive to hire values-aligned people because we believe it takes each and all of us to be successful, and lead with grit, speed and a clear vision of where we’re headed. In a remote setting, interviewing at Tecovas may include phone interviews, virtual “on-site” interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are committed to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential match, and we will do our best to follow-up with each and every applicant! If you’re on the fence, just give it a try!
Hiring process and disclaimer: Should you receive an offer from us after going through the interview process, a background check will be conducted prior to onboarding. The results of a background check are evaluated as part of the hiring process, but this does not mean that you will not be considered for the job based upon the results. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply!