Location: Connecticut, New Jersey, New York - hybrid
We're committed to providing our employees with a supportive and rewarding work environment, and we're excited to welcome a talented Benefit Analyst to our Human Capital team.
As a Benefit Analyst, you'll be responsible for managing and promoting our employee education program, ensuring compliance with federal and state healthcare reporting requirements, and enhancing and building out leave of absence processes. You'll also develop and maintain a wellness program globally, address benefits-related questions and issues through a ticketing system, and participate in audits of employee files, I-9, and HRIS data.
About the role:
- Administer 401k plan including deferral reconciliation, and audits, loan, and rollover maintenance
- Manage and promote employee benefit education
- Support 401k governance requirements; interface with fiduciary advisor, and complete annual audits, non-discrimination testing, and 5500s
- Conduct open enrollment planning, configuration, communication, administration for global health, welfare
- Develop strategy and maintain wellness plans
- Set up and conduct ongoing dependent verification audits including attestation for domestic partners
- Ensure compliance with federal and state healthcare reporting requirements
- Manage leaves of absence globally, including sabbatical leave, ensuring seamless integration between employee, leave outsourcing vendor, and HRBP; Interface with PEO as needed for international leaves of absence.
- Routine invoice reconciliation and file feed audits
- Support human capital operations team members with global onboarding and offboarding, audit of employee files, I-9, and HRIS data
- Review HRIS error reports and troubleshoot issues with vendor while maintaining system integrity
- Act as the point of contact for employee questions related to benefits through ticketing system and other communication channels
- Assist in driving benefits strategy and development of benefit enhancements and support continued process improvement
- Conduct renewals reconciliation and periodic review to ensure WC policy covers all employees and in all states.
- Analytically minded and enjoys solving problems
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys taking initiative at work and flourishes in an environment where you can work autonomously
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5-7 years years of progressive experience in benefits with emphasis on process development and compliance
- Detailed-oriented with demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Strong project and time management skills
- CEBS certification preferred
- Prior experience working with UKG and Benefits Administration Module is a plus
Compensation: $75,000 - $100,000 with 10% bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $97.9 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following: