Location: Connecticut, New Jersey, New York - hybrid
Human Capital Operations Project Manager
This is a key management role in the Human Capital Team with a broad scope of responsibilities. The goal is to provide outstanding service delivery and execution of reporting and processes across the employee life cycle, enabled by systems and standardization.
About the role:
- Project manages and executes Human Capital Operations functions and completes employee life cycle processes including onboarding, offboarding, benefits, job/compensation changes, leaves of absence, and I-9 recordkeeping.
- Manages the response and resolution of inbound inquiries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Leverages technology and to reimagine, improve, transform, and automate processes.
- As the first point of contact, owns the relationship between Human Capital, Engineering, external vendors, and other stakeholders in HRIS implementation and upgrade projects.
- Ensures high quality customer experience through an effective service delivery model
- Oversees management and audit of employee files for compliance, completeness, and accuracy.
- Collaborates with departmental leaders to identify needed improvements and enhancements to existing systems and processes.
- Develops custom reports to bring insights to decision making.
- Maintains compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations and adheres to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of employee information.
- Interfaces with payroll and finance.
- High emotional and social intelligence (e.g., strong customer service, seeking continuous improvement).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Driven, highly accountable and able to consistently deliver on goals and objectives.
- Strong data analysis and Excel / Google Sheets skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented and can manage multiple projects and dynamic priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-7 years of HR operations or shared services experience, preferably at a high-growth company with a strong background supporting best-in-class service.
- 3-5 years of experience developing process improvement recommendations
- Experience analyzing and presenting data.
- Experience building processes from the ground up
- Six Sigma or Lean experience desired
Compensation: $135,000 - $150,000 with 10% Bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $96.6 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following: