Location: Colorado (preferred), Connecticut, New Jersey, or New York
The Treasurer will be responsible for the firm’s liquidity strategy, cash monitoring and reporting, banking relationships and financing strategy. In addition, the role will work with teams across the organization to plan for fund capital calls and distributions, monitor portfolio investment realizations and distribution of proceeds, track unutilized investment capital, monitor customer A/R collections, ensure adequate cash is present for funding both operational and investment cash movements and oversee compliance with our financing and investment agreements.
About the Role:
- Develop and implement cash management strategies and forecasting across all Techstars entities, for corporate / management company and investment funds alike.
- Ensure Treasury strategies are aligned to support business growth while minimizing liquidity risk
- Compile information from around the company to create a routine cash forecasting process, and understanding the impact of working capital policies, accounting methods, capital projections, and board authorizations.
- Anticipate cash needs and help develop recommendations to the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors for raising funds.
- Support and manage financial structure, negotiating and executing financing transactions as needed, including bank facilities, debt financing, lenders, documentation review and covenants.
- Evaluate the company’s borrowing capacity and optimal use of debt to finance future growth, focusing on current and future leverage metrics and rating agency implications.
- Analyze and recommend optimal capital structure, including F/X optimization, and roadmap to implementation
- Manage relationships with financial institutions, including banking and public stock and crypto currency custodians
- Building and monitoring an investment wire process that ensures that new investment wires are processed smoothly and efficiently and that all wire issues are properly resolved
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. CPA preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in treasury.
- Experience in venture capital or private equity is a plus.
- Familiarity with financial planning and analysis software is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Compensation: $140,000 - $185,000 with 10% bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $96.6 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following: